Tuesday, December 24, 2024

Tuesday, December 24, 2024

  • Christmas Eve Dinner 

This morning we took a couple of hams around to some members that we knew needed welfare help. We took one to sister Jane nurse and then we are going to take one to Lambert but I called him and he was not home. He was working actually. So we ended up taking that ham to Feria another sister who has never asked for anything but we know she doesn't have a job and would probably appreciate it. We stop by our house and visited with her and gave her the ham and she was very appreciative.

On the way back going home we stopped at S&S In castries and it was total chaos in there. It was so packed. You could hardly move around. I was looking for a small set of screwdrivers to take my computer apart as the hard drive has quit working. They had a set that I thought would work but when I got home they were a little too big. I ended up grinding one of them down and was able to get all of the screws out. Not in the best shape though, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do to get them back in.

My thought was is there was a loose wire that was causing my computer to crash when I tried to boot it up. But I could not find one. I swapped the drive out for another one. I had to test it and it appeared to work fine so I don't think it was a wire. But I think the hard drive which is an SSD drive has gone bad. I took another hard drive I had and put it in and formatted it with Google Chrome and made it a Chromebook. I want to still see if I can salvage the bad drive and copy it to another drive and recover it because it has Windows 10 pro on it and I want to keep it if possible. 

Well we baked up a storm today. Actually. Tina baked up a storm but I did help some. All of the missionaries came over to our house this evening and we had a Christmas dinner. We had each missionary bring a favor of food from wherever they were from. So we had food from Brazil. Tahiti and the US and Tonga. Everything was really good. Tina cooked a ham. We had a fun evening visiting and finally about 8:00 or 8:30 everybody went home. We went to bed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025