Friday, January 24, 2025
Friday, January 24, 2025
- Hauling dignitaries around
Well, this was one of the wettest days we've had since I've been here. It pretty much rained all day so we didn't go out too much.
Actually most of the day was spent hauling District presidents from the airport to Rodney Bay. Actually there were seven of them. Three came in from Barbados at 1pm and were the district presidency from there.
It was kind of funny with these three. Their plane actually came in early. Normally every flight that I've ever went to send people off on or pick people up from has been late and sometimes way late. Anyway, I felt bad that I wasn't there and they had to wait for me to come pick them up. He wasn't very long, maybe 15 minutes or so and they were good about it. So now I have to worry about getting there on time. This is actually the first time it has ever happened since I've been here that the plane got here on time or early.
By the time I got them dropped off at their hotel and back home it was time to go get the next one. So we didn't want to be late so we left so we would be there when the plane was supposed to be there. Of course it was about 45 minutes late. It was President Wade who is a member of the kingstowne District presidency. He said they actually got here earlier but it was raining hard and there was a plane on the ground that wouldn't take off and so they had to circle up in the air for a while.
With each pickup it was pouring rain and so driving was a little hairy. We originally had talked about going out and visiting a few brothers that could potentially be Branch presidents but it was raining hard and with the mountainous roads we decided not to.
My last pickup was at 7:00 p.m. I made sure I was there on time and of course they were about an hour and 15 minutes late. When they got here it was really pouring rain and normally it passes over but it rained all the way up to drop them off and all the way back to my house. The roads were slick and it made it hard to see cars coming but I made it home safely.
Tina went to karaoke night and I thought I would beat her home but she beat me home. I didn't get home till about 9:00 p.m.
I don't know what the official name of these birds are but I call them cowbirds kind of like cow dogs.
Comments
Post a Comment