Saturday, January 25, 2025

Saturday, January 25, 2025

  • Got kicked out of a hike looking for the Pimard trail.

 I'm still in a battle with the bats at the church trying to keep them out of there. I have spray foamed where I thought they might be able to get in but they seem to still be getting in somewhere. I made up my mind. Was going to go down this morning and figure it out. After trying to get used in the Attic where they might get in, I finally gave up and went home. 

We went downtown to run some errands and then we swung by the house we've rented. We're when my brothers and sisters come to visit. They'll be here in 3 weeks. Hard to believe. 

We decided to go see if we could find a hiking trail that we had read about called the pimard trail. It is up around the Rodney Bay area. We found out it was behind where sister Sharon lives just off the beach. The problem is is there's a big construction project going on back there for a new resort. We read one of the reviews and they said just ask the construction workers where the trail is and they will point it out. So that's what we did and they did. Are we hiked up the road and then it takes a turn that goes straight up a mountain where they put in ropes that you have to use to pull yourself up. Well when we got to that point where you go straight up there was a building there with a security guard and he said that we probably shouldn't be in there. One of the things they always tell you here is just pretend you know what you're doing and no one will bother you so we pretended we knew what we were doing and talked about the trail. He actually ended up pointing it out to us. After looking at it we decided it was too steep and we didn't want to take it right now. Anyway, maybe we would come back with the missionaries and try to hike it. As we were walking back a side-by-side came out with a white man and another man in the front and two girls in the back. He stopped and asked us what we were doing in there and we told him about the trail. He told us the trail was closed and we're not supposed to be in here. We really didn't know that we weren't supposed to be in there but we played dumb and said well we didn't know and the worker showed us how to get up here. Anyway, he said he is the owner of all of this mountain and the trailers closed. Luckily he was fairly nice about the whole deal and told us to get in. We said , oh we'll just walk back but he said no it's too dangerous so get in with us. Turned out to be a good thing because he was doing a tour with the people in the vehicle that our employees and he was kind of walking through how things were going to be laid out. So when they were trying to promote it they would know what they were talking about. So we got a little tour of the place out of the deal. When we got to the bottom he dropped us off and I told him that I have worked in construction and I was interested in seeing what they were doing. He said he works in construction also and I also enjoys watching things like this get built. Anyway, we left on good terms and maybe I'll go back and follow up and maybe he'll show me around again sometime. He seemed to be a nice enough guy but I think if he caught us again he may not be so nice. And he must have a boatload of money to be undertaking this project because it is a huge resort going clear to the top of the mountain and it's not a small mountain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025