Sunday, January 19, 2025

Sunday, January 19, 2025

  • Speakers spoke on Book of Mormon 

I have been in a funk for a while and have not kept up my journal. It just doesn't seem to be anything. Very exciting going on so I haven't done much in the way of writing. 

So I'm just going to start today. 

We had an interesting sacrament meeting today. Yohan was in charge of sacrament meeting and was supposed to conduct and get speakers. I was worried that he was not going to get anyone and I gave him some names to ask. Out of the three I gave him. He used one and picked another person Caren Kennedy who spoke 2 weeks ago. 

Yohan has missed quite a few Sacrament meetings lately. They seem to have started when I called Shomario has a second counselor.

At any rate, sister De'Beauville was asked to speak along with Caren. Caren spoke first and gave a talk on the Book of Mormon here. It was an excellent talk and she referenced her material from Gordon B. Hinckley's "Teachings of the presidents" book.

I personally felt that the spirit was very strong as she spoke. 

As I was sitting there I had this impression that Sister De'Beauville was also going to speak on the Book of Mormon. So it was no surprise when she got up and said she was also speaking about the Book of Mormon. She referenced a conference talk by President Russell M. Nelson on the importance of the Book of Mormon. Her talk was also very powerful and the spirit was strong. 

I thought it was strange that Yohan would give them both the same topic. I assume that he did because I had sent him a list of topics and one was The Book of Mormon. 

I was talking to Sister De'Beauville after Sacrament meeting and she said that Yohan had not given her an assignment on what to speak on and she just picked it. 

I was then speaking with Caren assuming that he had given her that topic and she said that he had not given her any topic and she just picked the Book of Mormon also. 

I concluded that there was somebody in that meeting that was supposed to hear messages about the Book of Mormon and powerful testimonies. 

It seemed to be more than a coincidence that both sisters pick the same topic without being assigned one. Maybe someday I will find out who it was that need to be touched by those two talks inspired by the Holy Ghost on The Book of Mormon.

 Sister Whizenant leaves St. Lucia on Thursday 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025