Thursday, January 23, 2025
Thursday, January 23, 2025
I sure have been getting a lot of rain lately.
We're a little slow getting out of the house today. We got up a little later on our exercising run late.
The first thing we did was go over to Kevin Charles and have scripture study with him. We talked about the Holy Ghost using first Nephi chapter 10 as our basis.
Kevin seemed to be a little off today so we didn't really have a very good discussion about anything. He is talking about needing to move to Canada to get a fresh start on life. I guess. I think he's 33 or 34 and still living at home with his mom so maybe a fresh start would be good. We talked about how the Holy Ghost would help him and make him decisions on what he should do.
We ask him how he would get to Canada and he said there was something about marrying somebody and they would pay for it or something. Not sure that's the right reason just to marry anybody.
I went up to check on Darren today and see how his new mosquito net is working out and he said it is great and he loves it. He had made some little pie looking thing with peas in it and gave me one. It wasn't too bad actually.
After visiting with him I came home and got a call from Donovan Gustave and he was telling me that he needed me to come and pick him up. Right now. He lives with his sister and I guess her husband came home from Canada and told him he had to get out. He was pretty upset about the whole deal and he needed me to come and get him for he got violent. I guess. I didn't want to go by myself so I called Johan to see if he could go with me and he could. So we went out and picked him up. Turned out there was no problem but it was still good to have somebody with me. His sister is quite upset that he is leaving also but I guess the husband is pretty adamant he has to get out. I took him over to his brother's house in Castries and I guess he's going to stay there.
He's had a hard time getting a job but I guess he has been working as a security guard at some school. But that job just ended last week. He is trying to become a plumber and I met a guy named Junior who did some plumbing work at the church and I was telling him how about Donovan and he has been calling him to see if he could help him out cuz he has a lot of work. Anyway. Donovan said he's going to call him.
Cowbird watching a horse.
Comments
Post a Comment