Thursday, January 30, 2025

Thursday, January 30, 2025

  • Trip to surgeon Dr Remmi
  • Sister Burnham's opinion about the surgery 
  • Missionary correlation meeting tonight 
  • Yohan asking for more money to buy block

Today was the big day to the surgeon to see what surgery I'm going to need to have to have this cyst removed off my back. 

We met with Dr. Remmi, a lady doctor who could have been a basketball player because she was super tall. Anyway, we had a visit with her and she kind of outlined what we needed to do to get ready for the surgery. She sounded pretty confident about her abilities. She said most likely they want to put me to sleep because of the size of the cyst. It has veins and arteries going into it and so they want to be careful and do it in the hospital so that if something starts bleeding they have the equipment there to stop it. 

Anyway, I feel good about working with her but there is some nervousness about having surgery done here in general. 

Sister Burnham called tonight because she heard that I was going to have the surgery here and suggested I go back to the states to have it because she's a little unsure about the doctor s or the facilities here. We had a doctor come to church a couple of weeks back and he was doing a seminar here and he said that the doctors are very good here but the equipment they have is not. 

Anyway, we're working on a decision and when to do it. We have family coming in town this month. Well actually next month but it's only 3 weeks away. And I don't want to not be able to go swimming when they get here. Then 2 weeks later Cade and his family are coming. So if we can't do the surgery right away, we'll probably postpone it till after Cade leaves. 

This evening we had a missionary correlation meeting with brother Matthew and the missionaries. It's the first one we've had for quite some time and the missionaries have been pressing him to hold one. It went okay. Problem is, there's no assignments are made and no notes are taken so I'm not sure there's a ton of follow-up that goes on from the things we talk about. 

Yohan called me today. Practically begging me for money to buy 500 block which would be over $1,000. We had met with him before and told him that's not what fast offering money is for. He wants me to talk to President Selman about it. I think president Selman is in agreement with me about not buying the block but looking for other ways that we might help him out. I think we help him out plenty right now, the missionaries go over almost every weekend and do a few hours of service for him.


Oh, we had a parade come by our house today. I'm not sure you would really call it a parade but it was some police motorcycles and people walking waving flags and a couple of vehicles with very loud music on them and more people walking waving flags. I think it had something to do with the kickoff of Independence Day. 45 years of Independence.

It caused a real backup of cars but no one seems to care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025