Tuesday, January 21, 2025

Tuesday, January 21, 2025

  • Service project at Darren's

Today we had a service project planned at Darren's house. 

Before the project I had to go early to his place and pick him up to take him to the hospital for some therapy on his leg. 

After picking him up I went to Lambert's house and picked him up. We drove back up to Darren's place and the missionaries were there waiting for us. 

We had three plans. One was to cut a board off that prevented his door from closing. The second was to put a mosquito net up in his container over his bed to keep the mosquitoes out. That third was to put a sheet of metal on the back end of his container to keep the water out. 

The saw I bought yesterday was too big to cut the piece of wood off as it was in a tight corner against the wall and we could not get enough movement on the saw to make the cut. 

So we moved to the mosquito net. It went a little better and we got it put up and covered his bed. Hopefully that will help in keeping the mosquitoes off him at night time. 

There was a junk pile in the back that had some metal studs and some of them were put together in a ladder type form. Which was good since the person who was supposed to bring the ladder couldn't make it. They actually worked out perfect for what we were doing. We had to get up in the back Gable and put a sheet of metal up so that the ring coming in from the side wouldn't get on his roof of his container which was all rusted out and leaks when it rains. Anyway, we had to bend the sheet of metal around as we found it in the scrap pile also. 

After we got everything put together except for the piece of wood getting cut we locked his container up and went over to Rouchell's and I told Lambert that this was an elder's Quorum activity and that way you should do some of his budget money to buy everybody a drink. So that is what we did. 

We visited with Rouchell for a bit then I took Lambert home. On the way back. I stopped by the hospital to see if Darren was done and as luck would have it. He had just finished up and was ready to go home. I took him back to his container and he seemed pleased with everything we had done. 

Lambert has a lot of opinions about everything and he's usually pretty good on his judgments. He can be a little negative at times but he is a very talented man. 

After dropping Darren off I went home. Had lunch spent the afternoon. Working on finance stuff and things related to the branch that need to be worked on. I'm a terrible planner and I'm trying to get ready for a meeting tomorrow night with the branch presidency. 

The sisters hold a Book of Mormon class every Tuesday night and Tina joined that but I was still working on my meeting stuff. 

Yohans house coming along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025