Tuesday, January 28, 2025
Tuesday, January 28, 2025
- Went to Vieux Fort for house and car inspections of the Elders there
- Stopped at road side dinner in Dennery for lunch/dinner
- Found Donna Israel in Rodney Bay by Sister Angie
We went down to Vieux Fort today to inspect the elder's house and their car. We have neglected this responsibility a little bit lately so we thought we better get it done. When we got there their landlord was painting their front door. I guess they got a new one. They actually have a pretty nice apartment.
We have been out of sugar for about a month and a half now in all the stores but the elders told us that there was a small shop that had sugar. It was way in the hay up in the mountains. They took us there and it was a windy narrow beat up road. Once we got there we found out that they had sold out of sugar because someone else found out they had it. None of the major stores have had sugar like I said for a month and a half.
So we bought an ice cream and headed home. We stopped in Dennery to have dinner at a place I found on Google maps called nikkis bar and grill on the picture on the website showed a really good looking meal and they are at the top of a cliff overlooking the town of Dennery.
We went up to the place where you order and I showed him a picture and said this is what I want and he says that we were too late and it was all sold out and the only thing they had left was two chicken wings and a salad. We told him that that wasn't really what we wanted. There was another place I found on Google maps that was actually where we were going to go first until I saw this one. So we ended up going there. It was called plantes restaurant and bar. When we walked in the front door there was a guy out front eating a meal that looked really good and I asked him what it was and he told me so I went in and told them I want what the guy sitting out front had and they said that was all gone. We were having a hard time finding in the mail that we wanted to have. Anyway, we looked at their menu and I got their stewed pork meal and Tina got a something else that I can't remember the name of.
I suppose if you grew up on the food they make you would probably think you was really good but it's not really my favorite because of how they cook things. It was okay but not to die for in my book.
After we got done eating and got back on the road. We got a call from Angie and she said that she found Donna Israel who has been missing for several days. She was up in Rodney Bay. We told her that we would come up to Rodney Bay as soon as we got back and find out what's going on with her.
When we got to Rodney Bay Tina let me out to go to the bathroom while she went and found Donna. She was sitting by the bank and then I was going to walk down and meet them. Anyway, as I was walking I went by a booth where a guy was selling stuff and he had a big seashell and I examined it cuz I was looking for a horn they make out of that particular seashell. I asked him if he had one and he said he didn't but he knew someone that could make one for me for $60 EC. I told him that would be great if he could. Anyway, it turns out that I've met that guy before at the church. His Aunt, I guess he said is the one that lives in the apartment below the church. Anyway, we had a good visit and he told me some of the things that he does. He's a Carver and carves things to sell to people. Anyway, he's going to check on the seashell horn for me.
While I was talking to him, Tina and Donna walked by and they were headed down to find Donna's mother. And just a side note, I guess it really is not Donna's mother. She never knew who her mother was and I guess her father was a pastor and he died. So this lady took her in when she was very young and has raised her as her mother. Donna calls her mother, actually she calls her mommy. Donna has some emotional issues and I'm not sure understands everything and she's very scared that her mother is going to abandon her. We have been trying to talk her back into going back to cornerstone where she was living as it didn't cost her anything but she doesn't really like it there.
Anyway, it's hard to figure out what the whole story is because they both talk a lot and talk in circles. We ended up taking them to some lady's house and dropping them off and tomorrow Donna is going to go to a medical clinic and they will examine her to determine if she qualifies for cornerstone. Cornerstone is a place for very underprivileged people who are not capable of taking care of themselves.
We'll find out tomorrow what all goes on. Her mother supposedly going to Martinez tomorrow and Donna is worried about what she's going to do when her mother leaves.
Comments
Post a Comment