Monday, February 17, 2025
Monday, February 17, 2025
- Sister Moses to the airport
- Visit Sharon Alleyne
- Vieux Fort Elders stopped by
This morning we got up early and went and picked up Sister Moses at her hotel. I forgot to say that when we picked her up yesterday for church she said her floor was covered in water and it wasn't very clean looking. She wasn't too happy about her room. Even though it looked nice on the outside it was a dump. I guess on the inside. She took Tina and showed her her room and Tina said it was a dump. I don't think they'll be staying here again.
When we drove over to pick her up we thought we were way early and we went by a fruit stand and they had ripe tomatoes. So we turned around and bought three or four and some grapefruit.
After buying the fruit we went and picked up. Sister Moses and headed to the airport. We figured we would get there by about 8:00 and her flight was at 9:30 so that would give her plenty of time but the traffic was moving very slow.
It was moving so slow. We were getting nervous that we weren't going to make it in time. I figured there must be a wreck because normally going south is not that backed up. As I guess that was the case. When we got past Mega J and down the road aways a van had direct and knocked over a telephone pole and the traffic was backed up in both directions. Luckily when we got past it there was no traffic so we were able to get to the airport pretty quickly but it was 8:30. By then. We pulled up and they checked her in so I guess we made it in time anyway.
This afternoon we went and visited Sharon Alleyne. When we got there Sam was just leaving. I'm not so sure about Sam anymore. He's a nice guy but an alcoholic and sister Sharon said he has been coming home drunk almost every night.
I am a little suspicious of Sam because I see him wandering in odd places occasionally.
We had a nice long visit and we talked about opportunities For her to get in a better living conditions. The house they are in is really a total dump. When it rains the water just runs through it. Birds fly back and forth all the time whenever we're there and the last time we were there a mouse was wandering around through everything while we were visiting.
I told her she needs to come up with some sort of long-term plan because I think her health is going down some because she cannot get up and move around because of her bad back and bad knees. So she just sits there all day long and watches TV. That can't be too healthy. He challenged her to pray and make a plan and listen to the guidance of the spirit on what she might be able to do till take care of herself better. I told her I would check back in with her in a week or so.
I also gave her a blessing before we left because she looked discouraged.
The Vieux Fort Elder stopped by this evening and we visited with them for a bit. They are all going over to Tasha's for dinner.
Comments
Post a Comment