Saturday, February 8, 2025

Saturday, February 8, 2025

  • Training meetings with Elder Kearon 
  • Yohans plugged up problem.

Today we had two broadcasts from Jamaica with Elder Kearon of the Quorum of The twelve apostles. 

The first meeting was for Branch presidencies and Bishop bricks and state presidencies and District presidencies. 

I got a lot of notes from it. It was a very good meeting. 

Yohan was unable to make it unfortunately as it would have been a good meeting for him to be at. I'll tell you more about him in a minute. 

The second meeting was for Ward and Branch councils. That also was a great training meeting. 

After the meeting we had a light dinner for all those that came. The members love getting together and having a meal. Usually that is bigger than any meeting we have in itself. And if you don't have a meal, they don't come during the meeting. It was nice to sit around and visit for a while. 

Anyway, back to Yohan. After the meeting I took brother Lambert home as there were no buses running, or at least they always tell us no buses are running. Sure, if that's true or not. Anyway, after taking Lambert home I got a call from somebody on Yohan's phone and they said he was  going to have to go to the hospital and to pray for him. I don't know who it was and I told them I would. They didn't give me any information on what the problem was. 

Anyway, as we were coming back from Lambert's we got a call from Yohan and he wanted to know where we were. I said we were driving home from Lambert's house. He said he was at a medical clinic and could we come pick him up. To be honest, I was a little annoyed about this but we told him who we would. It took us a while to figure out where he was and he finally sent us a pin and we were able to find them. 

Anyway, the problem is is he is terribly constipated and in dying pain I guess. We tried to be as sympathetic as possible but you can run a lot of jokes off that type of issue which I'm sure he did not appreciate. They told us they needed to pick up a prescription at Mega J's and it closed at 9:00. We only had about 20 minutes and we were quite a ways away but we burned up there and made it just in time. Unfortunately the pharmacy was closed. So we went down to another store that was closing at 9:00 and we got there at about 5 minutes too. Anyway Yohans wife went in and bought him a bunch of prune juice to drink. I guess that's supposed to loosen you up. Anyway. He was moaning all the way home. We dropped him off and expressed our sympathies as best we could and went home. By this time it was about 10:00 p.m. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025