Sunday, February 2, 2025
Sunday, February 2, 2025
- Hardly anyone at church.
- Called Tanner - Looking at job change
I really thought this was going to be a good day. We are having a special fast that the people we deal with in immigration that are limiting the number of missionaries we can have on the Island down to 7 rather than the 12 we desire to have, that they will have a change of heart and allow us to have our full complement of missionaries. We meet with them on Thursday to see if we can get the rule over turned.
We are also fasting that we will know what to do about the cyst on my back. Weather to have the surgery here or go home and have it done. I feel confident with the doctors that I have met with and think they are competent doctors. But we will see. We do have a problem with my Brothers and Sister Terresa coming to town in 3 weeks and Cade and his family two weeks after that. I may want to wait until they they go home so I don't have to sit out of the water.
Anyway Yohan called me this morning and told me that he wouldn't be coming to church because he had to work. I asked if his wife Sharlyne was coming to help with the new member class. He said he didn't know. She didn't. She misses a lot of church.
Then Sister De'Beauville called and said that she couldn't make it because she didn't have enough gas in her car to get to church. She was supposed to teach the new member class. Sister Santos our relief society president didn't show up either because she hasn't had water at her house for 3 days. President Lambert our Elders quorum president didn't show up I don't know why and our young women president didn't show up because she had to work. Our primary president also didn't show up I guess because she was sick. I guess it was the perfect storm. Our attendance was 41 and last week it was 67.
Our meeting was good though and I decided I am not going to let this get to me. This is just the way these people are. They are good people, they just have a hard time shaking off the old habits. We do have some very committed members that never miss. I am so proud of them.
I have some people that I worry about. Denzel De'Beauville who came home from his mission early because of his fathers passing has been pretty spotty coming to church. I was hoping he would consider going back on his mission.
Anyway, we had a very good sacrament meeting and had 17 people that were not members. We had no tourist.
We called Tanner our son tonight and he has had to let some people go at work and he doesn't like it. He is planning on moving this summer. Not sure where yet. They are also planning to have a family soon, maybe this summer.
Comments
Post a Comment