Sunday, February 9, 2025
Sunday, February 9, 2025
Yohan didn't get unplugged and was unable to make it to church today.
We did hit some record marks today though. We had 87 people in attendance. 17 of them were not members of the church including children. We had quite a few that were visiting either on a cruise or staying on the island on a holiday. I'll total. We had 40 visitors and 47 members.
One of our visitors was from Las Vegas and she said her father was the mission president of this mission in 2002. That was when it was known as the West Indies mission.
We have a member Benjamin that was baptized recently and almost every week asked me for money or food. I haven't quite decided how to help him yet but I think he probably does need some help but he has some different ideas about how to go about it. He tells me he has committed his life to Jesus Christ and that is all he needs to do and doesn't leave money or anything else. But for some reason he keeps asking me for it so he can buy food. I keep telling him that we are expected to earn our own way if we're capable. And he is very capable. I did tell him we might be able to help him with some things, but we have to go through a process to decide what type of help he might need that would help him long-term. He did not really want to do that.
This evening there was a zoom broadcast with Patrick. Kearon. One of the 12 apostles of the church. It was specifically for youth and their parents. It was a very good meeting. I hope all of our youth got a chance to attend it. I know at least two did.
Comments
Post a Comment