Tuesday, February 25, 2025

Tuesday, February 25, 2025

  • Five days with my brothers and sister Terresa and their spouses
  • Mohammad Joseph was baptized at our branch Independence party
  • Sickness rules.

We just finished up a 5 day visit from my Sister Terresa and her husband David, my brother Bevin and his wife Susan and my brother Dale and his wife Cheri.

For the most part it was a good visit. 

The day they arrived which was Thursday we picked them up at the airport in Vieux Fort. We drove home and the boys which were in my car were went up to Rouchell's and we had hired her to make us a St Lucian dinner. We picked that up and brought it to the vacation rental that we had rented which was right on the the ocean at the end of Vigie beach. It was a real nice place with 7 bedrooms. It did have some Lucian quirks, but over all it was perfect. They had a big back balcony that we could look over the ocean. It was very nice. One problem it had was the two doors on the jack and jill bathroom did not close right. That was a little bit of a problem that I will tell about later. 

On Friday we had planned to go down south where all the sights are, but everyone got up late and by the time we got going it was to late to go. We took them up to a beach we call the rabbit hole, because it looks like you drive down through a rabbit hole to get to it. It is a really nice beach that usually has no one or very few people at it. We went snorkeling for a while and just sit on the beach. It was nice. The water was pretty rough so the snorkeling wasn't the best. We came back home and just hung out for the evening. And ate some more of Rouchell's food. She sent a lot.

That night was when things started to go South. Bevin got the flu during the night. and had a really rough night. 

We had a ward party on Saturday, but he didn't feel like going. We took everyone else and stayed a while and met lots of people. It was fun. It was at Landing beach up by Pidgeon Island. They had volleyball courts in the sand on the beach and I think everyone had a good time. We left a little early because of my family. Branch parties are pretty much an all day affair here. Was supposed to start at 10 and get over at 5. We didn't really get going until about 12 and a huge rain storm drove the branch out at about 3.

We went home and hung out. Bevin was feeling a little better.

Sunday we got up and went to church. Turns out that Terresa was up sick most of the night. This is where the jack and jill doors became a problem. Terresa and David were on one side and Tina and I were on the other. I had to go to the bathroom so I knocked on the door and went in. The door to Terresa's room was open so I shut it. Then I heard a noise and Terresa was sitting on the toilet. I hurried and excused myself and went downstairs to the bathroom there. Terresa was feeling like she needed to get off because I came in. So she got off and went back to bed and then had to get up to throw-up. She didn't make it and through up all over the floor. I suspect David cleaned it up. Funny thing, I never heard a sound about this.

Sunday was good. Two of my speakers called and said they couldn't make it. Brother Lambert and Brother Yohan. His wife did make it as she was one of the speakers. I asked the two Elders, Elder Garber and Elder Amoto to speak as they are leaving this week on Thursday. It was short notice, but the missionaries always have a talk they can give. They did a great job and so did Sharlyne. 

We had a family visit our branch and they had two Aaronic priesthood age boys for my class, but Omari wasn't there. 

After church we went home and Tina had cooked Pork Chops for lunch. They were really good. Terresa was filling better so we walked up to the Vigie Lighthouse. It was nice up there and you can see all directions.

Monday we planned to go down South to see the Petons. Turns out that Cheri woke up sick and couldn't go. Terresa also didn't feel well and didn't go, so David stayed to take care of her.  We left and went down and hiked the Stairway to heaven trail that takes you to the view of the Petons. It is a pretty nice hike and not to difficult. We have been there so much they remembered us and didn't charge us.

After that we went snorkeling at Sugar Beach. The fish were amazing. I don't know why, but there were tons of fish and some with some good size. Usually they are all small. After snorkeling we went home. We stopped at KFC and bought some chicken and also I stopped at Abi's Doubles and bought some doubles.  We just hung out it the evening and visited. Cheri and Terresa were feeling better.

On Tuesday we got up and planned on going to the Market. Dale was up all night being sick and had thrown-up twice. Bevin and Terresa had had a second bout with the flu, but were feeling good enough to go to the market.

So we left Dale home and everyone else went to the market. The women spent some money at out member Caren's shop and a few others. We had a good time. After finishing at the market we went home and packed our bags and loaded up to go back to Vieux Fort to take everyone back home. We had to stop at our house to drop off some things then we drove over the mountain. We got lost for a bit but with Google Maps we got it figured out. We did lose Tina and the girls as they were driving slow and got behind and missed a turn. We finally found them and got to the airport safely. We were planning on dropping them off and staying to visit, but the parking lot was messed up so we just went home. 

We met the car rental guy at the church and gave them the car back. They were a little upset because we were supposed to return it the same time we picked it up on Thursday. We picked it up in the morning but kept it until the afternoon. I think we got it straightened out. 

We then went over to the rental house to return some hangers that were somehow ended up in our car. The renter Thomas was there and said we owed him for some towels we ruined. I think it as the towels that Terresa used to clean up her throw-up. We told him we would buy some new ones. 

We went home and put everything a way. I was sitting there and started not feeling well. Pretty soon I had full fledge diarrhea. I had a pretty miserable night and finally through up early Wednesday morning. That felt a lot better. Actually the throwing up wasn't to bad as I didn't eat diner when I started feeling sick. I was very thirsty so I drank a bunch of water. So when I threw up I only had water in me.

So the only ones that did not get sick were David, Susan and Tina. So far.



The trip to the Pitons who weren't sick

The town of Soufriere  

A smashed frog on the road

Baptism of Mohammod Joseph at the Branch Party

The only picture of everyone. At the Vigie Lighthouse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025