Monday, March 10, 2025
Monday, March 10, 2025
- Little tour
- Met a couple from Arizona
- Bird Refuge
- Sister Simone and her hand made dolls
Today we went to town to do a few things and didn't get a single one of them done so we headed out to the country. We went down this road that we have been wanting to find out when it goes for some time and decided to check it out. Well the road is pretty rough and I pulled a piece of plastic off the front of my car. Serves the mission right for taking our truck away from us...Anyway I was able to snap it back on. It needs to just be taken off anyway. I can't see that it is doing anything useful.
At the end of the road there was a tour business. We got their information as Cade and his family are coming this week and we are looking for some things to do. One they had was a river float. Not sure how exciting that will be, but we will see.
After checking that out we went to the brewery to see what it was all about. It was like $12 and it is a tour of how they make rum.
Oh, I forgot, while we were at the beach at the end of the road we met a couple that were on vacation from Arizona. We visited with them for quite a while while they waited for their float boat person to come and get them and pull their raft back up the river. They were enjoyable to visit with. They were originally from Oregon.
After we left the brewery we took a back road and went to see if the bird refuge was open today. We were trying to find out if it worth going to see. Just as we drove up a man was walking towards the gate and was locking up. We asked him about everything and he said the best time to be there is early in the morning, like 6am and you might see a parrot flying around. There is a hike that takes about an hour that he says is good too. It might be something just to do.
After we left the refuge we decided since we were so far out and close to Sister Simone's house we would call her and see if she was up for a visit. We did and she was, although when we got there I told her that we appreciated her letting us come by and she said, "what choice did I have". I took it as a joke, but not really sure if it was.
At any rate we had a nice visit and she showed us some of the dolls she makes by hand and gives to Caren to sell at her shop in the Market. She has a real talent. I plan to get one before I go home. I left her a message about the temple before we left. She has been to the temple and is now inactive so I was hoping to rekindle something in her heart to come back to church.
We came home and ate and then went to District Leader meeting.
![]() |
| Down in the Baxton area |

Comments
Post a Comment