Saturday, March 1, 2025
Saturday, March 1, 2025
- Rouchell's new washer
Today we got a call from Rouchell and she was calling to tell me that there was a washing machine on sale at Massey's furniture store. Normally it was$2000 EC but Today only it was 1600 I told her if she could raise Half the money that we would help her out with the other half. The only reason I really agreed to it is I know she is trying to save money to buy a prosthesis for her leg. I guess this evening I've had a bit of buyers remorse on that. I'm not sure it was the most appropriate use of church funds. I'm trying to get people to rely on themselves and not on the church for everything they need which has been a difficult task and I'm very stressful for me.
Anyway we met them at Rodney Bay and went in and looked at the washing machine she wanted and it is a nice one and looks like it can hold quite a bit of clothes. We paid for it and she was pretty excited about getting it. It will not be delivered until Monday though. I have some things that I want her to do or her payback of the church giving her part of the cost of the Washington. I'm going to ask her to wash errands sheets occasionally and also talk to her about paying fast offering which is a way of giving back to help others. I also want to visit with her about tithing and her understanding of it.
After we finished up with Rochelle and her boyfriend we stopped and picked a few things up at the store and then came home. I have been working on getting a calling list out for each organization in the branch area we have a ton of people that don't have Collins and we have a ton of Collins that we can fill but the problem is is will the people use them?
I watched a basketball game today on TV it was Kentucky versus Auburn. Kentucky is ranked 17th and Auburn is rate number one right now. The game wasn't quite over but it looked like Auburn was taken care of business by the end of the game. The officiating was terrible and a huge distraction in the game as it kept stopping it to go look at the monitor.
![]() |
| Cow heal soup, yum yum |

Comments
Post a Comment