Tuesday, March 4, 2025

Tuesday, March 4, 2025

  • Our grandson's Logan Robles birthday today
  • My study of my patriarchal blessing 
  • Working on renewing our work exemption permit
  • Taking Jane nurse to the doctor

One of the things I'm doing in my personal studies right now is going through my patriarchal blessing and breaking it down line by line sentence by sentence and finding scriptural references referring to each part of my patriarchal blessing it has been an interesting process in doing this. I have been doing it for a few weeks now maybe even a month, and I'm only about three lines into my patriarchal blessing. I am not sure what all I will get out of this but it has been enlightening to me that the words used in my blessing have so much scriptural backing.

I spent the morning trying to organize and get caught up in my bookkeeping of church records. The checking account is always a challenge especially when I give a member cash to buy things or something like a branch party. They never reconcile correctly and they never have all the receipts to account for the money that I gave to them. One thing I have Done is create a spreadsheet of all of my cash that I withdraw from the bank for the church. Any time I spend it I identify where and how much and it has been very helpful in making sure I am not losing track of church funds.

One of the things we need to get done is renew our work exemption permits for Tina and I. They are good for a year and ours is about to expire. We need to get physicals and we have a member, Jane nurse, who also needed to go to the doctor. Spoke of her before and she is missing part of one of her legs because of diabetes. We drove over and picked her up and then went to the clinic in Rodney Bay. Turns out that our appointments were kind of messed up because the doctor had to leave early. So we had Jane take the appointment we had and we rescheduled hours. Turns out she is not taking her medications for diabetes because she doesn't like how they make her feel. Dr gave her a pretty good lecture about all of that and he prescribed about eight or nine different prescriptions for her diabetes and changed them up a bit. The other reason we were having her go to the doctor is her amputated leg oftentimes gives her much pain and she was hoping to get something to treat it which the doctor also gave her.

After we were done with the doctor I went and got the prescriptions and Tina went and bought some doubles for all of us for dinner. Then we took Jane home.

It is our grandson Logan's birthday today and we called him and wished him a happy birthday. Well Tina called in and I was listening in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025