Monday, April 7, 2025

Monday, April 7, 2025

  • A day with Darren Barbe
  • National Championship College basketball game

I'm behind on my journal and was trying to think what I had accomplished today. I now remember that I spent almost the entire day with Darren.

I went up about 10:00 AM and picked him up and we went to Rodney Bay to Digicel and bought Darren a sim card for his new phone. Of course I got the privilege of paying for it. We then went and bought him a screen protector and Darren paid $10 and I paid 20EC. After that we were going to go downtown but we had to pick up Tina first so we went to my house and got her because she had something to do at one of the government offices. 

We got Tina and then we went and dropped her off at the government office and Darren and I went over to another government office which was supposed to help with people in need. I wanted to get him signed up even though everybody I've had signed up has never got anything at least you got to try. When we got there it had a sign on the door to call a number. I guess they've closed the office down as far as walk-ins go.

Once we finish there we went out to the hospital to reschedule an appointment for therapy that Darren missed last week while my kids were here because I couldn't take him. Well they were so backlogged that they said they would have to call back and tell him a time because they couldn't find anything right now.

After that we had to go to a Massy because that's where you check to see if your lottery ticket numbers won any money. Darren had a ticket from somewhere. Found a Massey store and I dropped him off to go in and check why I went around the block a couple of times because there was number parking. Well he finally came back out and of course didn't win anything.

Tina was still in the government building waiting for her term to talk to somebody about getting exemption papers. Darren and I went over to the church which is not too far from downtown Castries and just parked and waited for her to finish up.

Darren was all excited about having his new phone and was trying to get it set up which he could do at the church because of the wifi there. Tina finally called and said she was done so we went and picked her up and then took Darren home. It was late in the day by this time so we just went home ourselves

The national championship college basketball game was on tonight but didn't start till 9. It was Houston versus Florida. It was a close game the entire way through with Houston getting the biggest lead of 12 points maybe 13 in the second half and it looked like they were going to win it. But they went cold and Florida picked up the pressure and at the very end got up by one point with about 30 seconds left to play then they were fouled and made one of two so they were up 2  Houston had the chance of a last shot with about 19 seconds left but the whole situation fell apart and they did not even get a shot off. They were pretty devastated.

Our little Rock and shell collection


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025