Monday, March 31, 2025

Monday, March 31, 2025

  • Prepared for Sam and his family 
  • Picked up Sam and family in Vieux Fort
  • Went to Darren's house

Well today is the big day. Sam and his family are all coming to St Lucia to visit for a week. They probably had a brutal trip. It started in Salt Lake City Utah then they flew to Phoenix and stayed there for 5 or 6 hours. At some early hour like two or three in the morning they go to North Carolina and had about an two hour layover there and then blew to St Lucia.

They seem to be in pretty good spirits for all that trouble with two little kids. It was funny that their youngest son Hal as soon as he saw me only wanted to come to me. He is about a year and a half old and I haven't seen him since he was following four or five months old. Anyway we were best buddies right off the bat.

They were hungry so we went to a KFC in Vieux Fort and had lunch. We were the only white people in the restaurant which doesn't bother me because I'm used to it but I don't know what they thought.

When we got home Lettie only wanted to go swimming in our swimming pool. Kept telling her why don't we go to the beach but she did not want to go to the beach. I asked her dad why she was so afraid of the beach and he said he didn't know. I am sure once we get there tomorrow and she has a chance to play in the water she'll change her opinion about the beach.

I had to run up and talk to Darren because he has a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I won't be able to take him. So Sam I drove up and visit with him for a bit. Keeps telling me he doesn't smoke but I think he does because when we got in there it smelled pretty much like cigarette smoke and he was there he did make a point to tell me that someone had just left. He has done that before when I came in and it smelled smoky. He tells me that somebody was just here smoking and they just left.

I think I have told that Darren finally got a new phone. He is waiting on me to get him a sim card so it will work. I got his id card so I could get him a sim card. Anyway, we had a good visit and he was very friendly as he always is to me. Once he found out that Sam was a doctor he started telling him about all his health problems and showing him his scar from his surgery. I got a chuckle out of that. 

We came back home and everyone was pretty tired including me and we went to bed.

A sunset we watched a couple of days ago.
A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025