Saturday, April 5, 2025

Saturday, April 5, 2025


With all the kids gone home we relaxed a little this morning and slept in. I guess Sam's trip home was not the most ideal. They had to get up at 3:00 AM to catch a flight out of  Charlotte North Carolina. When they got there the flight was delayed. Then delayed again and finally counseled. It took them a while to get another flight. They finally got a flight to Phoenix. Actually I think they flew to Texas and that's where the delay was. They were supposed to fly directly to Salt Lake but they ended up flying to Phoenix with another layover there but after more than 24 hours they finally got to Salt Lake. I'm sure they were pretty wore out.

When we got up we had to go shopping as there was no food left in the house. We had to pick up a few things for the branch luncheon tomorrow between conferences and take it down to the church. Did not plan on staying there but we ended up staying and watching the afternoon session of conference. There were a couple of friends of the missionaries (investigator) That had came to listen to the morning session of conference.

The Relief Society sisters were down preparing food to get it ready for tomorrow. We have some sisters in our branch that work really hard to contribute. Especially when it comes to food. I worry that they are focused on those things and not the more spiritual things but with the changes we made in the relief society I'm hoping that we get more focused on helping people and not so much on just the activities, although I think the activities are good to bring us together.

This is the last passport for the youth FSY activity this summer. She is not a member but her grandmother Feria Joseph is.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025