Sunday, April 6, 2025
Sunday, April 6, 2025
Today was the second day of General Conference. Because it does not start until noon our time I had a chance to relax and study this morning without worrying about anywhere to be. It was a nice way to prepare for a conference.
I thought I was going to have to go pick up Darren this morning to bring him to church but the sisters had made arrangements for him to catch the bus. I was wondering if he really would catch the bus but sure enough he showed up at church and it was good to see him there. The conference seemed really good this morning and I don't know if it was because I spent a little more time preparing myself or what but each talk was inspirational and gave me thoughts of areas where I need to improve, particularly working with the youth.
We had a good turn out at the church and partly because we were having a lunch between the morning and afternoon session of conference. And a lot of people were bringing food and that got them there. Also any time we have food more people come.
After the morning session, or in our case the First afternoon session we had a luncheon. Following the luncheon we had a baptism for Natasha Henry. The sisters have been teaching her. I got a chance to visit with her for a little bit and I think she is going to be a strong addition to our branch. Works at CP and J's and is working on becoming a manager. She has three children that she also brought to church. We had at least five other people that are investigating the church there and many of them brought family with them also. So it was a good turnout. There were several talks in conference directed at those people looking into the church so I hope they felt the spirit and have a desire to press forward and get baptized.
After going to the beach and having Natasha's baptism we came back and it was time for the second session of conference to start. So we watched it and again another great session. President Nelson had not attended any of the sessions so I was wondering if he was going to speak at all. He was at the session and he did give a prerecorded talk in that talk he said
“Regular worship in the house of the Lord increases our capacity for both virtue and charity,” taught President Nelson in his address. “Increased time in the temple will help us prepare for the Second Coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We do not know the day or the hour of His coming. But I do know that the Lord is prompting me to urge us to get ready for that “great and dreadful day.”
I wouldn't say that we should start our deathbed repentance so to speak but we should increase our effort to prepare people for the second coming of Jesus Christ. We should always follow the words of the prophet.
After the afternoon session of conference was over we confirmed Natasha and gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. Really feel strongly that she is going to be a good member of the church.
After cleaning up the church everyone went home. It was a wonderful day with the saints.
![]() |
| Natasha and her family who were baptized today |

Comments
Post a Comment