Tuesday, April 22, 2025

Tuesday, April 22, 2025

  • P-Day for the missionaries
  • The Englishman and a trashy beach
  • Paperwork to the government
  • Feeling overloaded.

Because of the holiday yesterday, the young missionaries took their P-Day today. We got up and did our daily workouts and then decided to go to the beach and snorkel because there was no wind this morning. The weather was very calm. We headed to the rabbit hole. This is on the northwest  side of the island and when we got there the wind was blowing and the waves were really crashing in. Also, there was a bunch of seaweed blown into the cove. It was a bit of a mess.

While we were there their was a Englishman there cleaning up trash on the beach. There wasn't much and we were surprised because when we came to check it out yesterday it was packed with people. Anyway they did a pretty good job of cleaning things up. Not to the satisfaction of the Englishman. He was really complaining about the trash. Someone also burned up the trashcan. He was really not happy about that. I was trying to remember the word he used to say he was complaining. It was a funny word, but I can't remember it. 

Anyway we went back home and called the sisters to see where they were as they had to take the credit card to get new tires. There tires were pretty wore down, but I just inspected their car yesterday and I thought they might be good for another 3 months, but someone pointed out a gash in one of the tires. It was superficial but I decided to call Elder Kowallis to tell him I thought the tires probably just should be changed out. He agreed. So the sisters went this morning and got them changed which they did. then they went up to Landing Beach to play volleyball with the elders. Vieux Fort also came up. We needed to get the credit card from them.

We needed the credit card to buy some printer ink to print out some paperwork for the missionaries to take to the government offices. Tina said it was going to take a while so I dropped her off down town at the government buildings and then went to the church.

I have some stuff I was working on. We have had a couple of things sprung upon us. A mini FSY activity combined with Vieux Fort and a special priesthood meeting for all Melchizedek priesthood holders and prospective elders. One is next Thursday here at the Castries church and the other is supposed to be on May 3, a Saturday. So I spent some time working on them. They aren't just activities to show up to. They need to be planned and carried out by us.

Tina finally texted me saying she was done. I went and picked her up and then we called Verona because she said she knew a place to get cheap ear rings. We met her and she took Tina to the store. Verona is a police officer and we met her at a corner close to her work.

After that we came home and worked on odd and end stuff. for the rest of the evening.

Some of our younger primary children


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025