Friday, May 9, 2025

Friday,  May 9, 2025

  • Morning basketball
  • Zone conference
  • Car wreck getting lunch

This morning the Elders messaged me and said they were playing basketball this morning at 6 and wondered if I wanted to come. I said if they need me I would and they said they did. It rained before and a little while we were playing and it created some problems because the court is asphalt and it became slick. Two elders slipped and put some good scrapes on their elbow's and Sister Merrill slipped and scrapped both of her knees. It was fun. My team won 2 out of 3 games. 

We spent most of the day at the church holding zone conference. It was good and while we were there Harvey Joseph came by and wanted to know when I would be available. I told him to come back by at 4pm. He said ok, He is always looking for food so we fixed him a big plate, but as is the case most of the time he didn't show up. He was supposed to be in England now. He told me his mom had bought him a ticket and he was leaving that week. That was two weeks ago. I think the England thing is a not going to happen thing.

Toward the end of the conference we went to Rochell's to get the food. The missionaries like her cooking and this is the second time she has cooked the food. She make way more than we can ever eat. On the way back to the church with the food we were driving down the Vigie road and about to turn off at the gap going to the church and we all of a sudden see this truck rolling down the road, It must have rolled 1 or two times right in front of us. It was pretty crazy. They stopped in the other lane almost right next to us on it side. I probably should have stopped, but people were already walking toward the truck and we had to get the food to the church. It was kind of freaky. I haven't heard what happened to who ever was in the truck. Actually they call trucks vans here.

After the conference we cooked popcorn and had a movie night at the church. We had 4 or 5 investigators come. We watched the Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration. It was a nice evening and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Zone Conference - Elder Cox Tallest one next to President Burnham plans to play receiver for BYU

Missionary Choir 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025