Monday, May 12, 2025
Monday, May 12, 2025
- Met Yohan down town
- Visited with Caren Kennedy at the market
- Got my hair cut by Sanchez
- Worked on Church bank account
- Made it from Castries to our house over the mountain without getting lost
This morning the missionaries called me to see if I wanted to go play basketball with them. Told them I would but it was raining real hard so I wasn't sure we were going to be able to play. The ring finally stopped about 6:30 and we went over to the courts to play. They were pretty slack so you had to be careful. I can't remember but I think my team only won one game. I fell in no bad because there was not an odd number of people so sister Merrill could play. She usually plays and I don't know if she wants to or not but I probably should've sat out and let her play a game or two. I didn't play all that great anyway. It was a little fun with this morning because we had the assistance to the president there and the Vieux Fort elders, so we had a good crowd.
After basketball I went home and cleaned up and went down to Castries to meet Yohan and pay for some medical visits that they had today with his wife. She is due to have a baby on May 12th I think he said. I spent Sometime talking to him about being more committed to the church and his temple covenants. I gave him a promise awhile back that if he would be faithful coming to church and paying his tithing and doing the other things that he covenanted to do to go to the temple that the Lord would bless him financially that he would have enough money to build his house. I talked to him about having more faith in the Lord and putting him before worldly things. I'm not sure he's totally committed but he said he understood.
After we split up I went to go back to my car at the car park but it started to rain real hard so I went into the market and visited with Caren for about an hour. We talked to him about her needing a man in her life to help pay her bills and she said she is Communicating with a man in the US. I know she is having a hard time paying her bills and it's a tough business that she's in selling two tourists and the competition is high and I don't think her location is in the Market is that good. Anyway we had a good visit and talked about a lot of things and how she could improve her sales. A lady came by selling local juices so we bought a couple and drink those. Mine was passion fruit, actually both of ours were passion fruit.
After visiting I went up to the penthouse barbershop and paid Sanchez a visit and he cut my hair. I didn't have my glasses on when he asked me if it was short enough and as near as I could tell it looked like it was still a little too long so I told him I would like a little shorter on the sides. Well he shortened the sides and he really shortened the top so it was pretty short haircut. But it will grow back.
I did something today I haven't done, I drove up over the mountain from Castries And made it clear home without getting lost. I was pretty proud of myself.
When I got home I worked the rest of the day on getting my Church bank account in order and it hasn't been easy. I've just got some lingering problems that I can't get resolved and when I call tech support they can't seem to figure it out either, but I got a girl named Susan today who seems to know how to fix it and she is going to work on it.
All of that took me till after dark to get done and so I watched a western movie on youtube And then went to bed.
![]() |
| The cemetery next to Vigie beach |

Comments
Post a Comment