Monday, May 19, 2025

 Monday, May 19, 2025

  • Gods Hand in my day, being safe traveling, putting a thought in my mind
  • New missionaries 
  • Working on a Queen Conch shell and maybe a horn

So, how did I see the Lords hand in my life today? Well, I can always say that we come and go on the roads safely, without incident. We never leave the house without offering a prayer of protection as we travel, not only for ourselves, but for all those around us and especially those that are walking because they are walking all over and crossing the roads at any time and any place. You really have to stay alert. We are old and are not as quick on our reflex as we used  to be. One thing that serving a mission here has done is make us grateful. We are grateful when we go out and return home safely. We are grateful when we have a near miss collision and somehow averted an accident. We have had several times when we are sure that we are going to get hit and somehow it doesn't happen. I know we are being watched over. 

One other thing that may seem small in some peoples eyes is that today I was down to the church and the internet was down. It has been for 4 days. Anyway, I got messing around with all the equipment to try and see if it was really the internet. I realized that I was getting wifi from somewhere. But the church wifi was down. I finally figured out that it was coming from the modem supplied by the company that provides internet. I had called our facilities guy to let him know our internet was down and to call the company for service. Once I realized I had wifi I knew it wasn't the company. So I started testing the firewall, the switch and the access point. I really wasn't sure where the breakdown was. As I was sitting there playing around with different things I realized that I had not tried to connect the cat 5 cable connected to the firewall directly to our PC we have in the office. It just came in my head to try that and then I would know for sure if it was the companies equipment, the cat 5 cable or it was the church's system. I unplugged the cable from the Cisco firewall and plugged it into the PC. I turned the computer on and logged in and we had internet so I knew at this point it is something with the church equipment. The reason this was important was because I had called church tech support and the technician was really questioning me that it was not the church equipment, but the company supplying the service. This test verified that this was not the case. It saved me many needless hours of work. To have that simple thought to directly connect the PC to the modem and see if I had service to me was divine revelation that could only come from the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I truly believe that.

So you know we spent most of the day at the church trying to figure out the internet problem. The missionaries were also there as we have two new missionaries coming in today. An elder for Vieux Fort and a Sister for Castries. I can't remember their name right now. They came in about 5:30pm.

We met them at the church to fill out some paperwork, At least the elder. The sister want home. We will catch them in the morning.

I have been on a mission to make a Conch Horn out of a sea shell. Sam found a big one when they were here. It is called a Queen Conch. It is all crowded up. I got watching some videos on how to clean it up. I decided that I am going to start working on that. I went to the store to buy some things that I need to start the project. Since we spent so long at the church, I didn't get everything. Maybe tomorrow.

The Queen Conch is the big one in the middle. If it doesn't turn out that grate I will make it a Conch Horn

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025