Monday, May 26, 2025
Monday, May 26, 2025
- Called Tanya on her husband John's passing away
- Corey is home and calling again
- Took rolls to Samanthia George at work and Sharon Alleyne and found her turtle
- Darren still hasn't got his container raised yet
- Sent a BYU devotional to Sister De'Beauville on inspiration
I called my sister Tanya tonight. Today is the anniversary of her husband John passing away. I guess about 4 weeks ago she took a tumble off her porch which is about 5 steps high and fell and when she started to fall she grabbed for the hand rail which spun her around backwards and then she fell from the top step through the air and landed on the concrete sidewalk on her back and cracked her head real hard and gave herself a concussion. Lockley for her her neighbor was out working on something in the yard and heard the thump when she hit the ground and came running over. She cut her head and it was bleeding real bad as head cut always do. He called the ambulance right away and they came and rushed her off to the hospital. She said she is doing much better now. Tanya has had a hard life in the fact that half of her 8 children have left the church. She has beat herself up about that sometimes. I and probably others have told her she should not feel bad, When they all left their home they met and married return missionaries and were all active in the church. They chose as adults to leave the church. As a parent it is still hard and you wonder where you went wrong. We never quit praying for them though and hoping they will come back some day before it is to late. What is to late is usually the grandkids who were raised out of the gospel. Only through some missionary effort with they ever be back in the church.
Corey has been out off the island all week and got back today. He was right on the phone calling me tonight. It was a nice off week of him calling me every night and morning.
Tina made bread and some rolls that we took to Samanthia George and to Sharon Alleyne. Sister Alleyne's health hasn't been the best and I guess she went to karaoke the other night with her husband and sort of passed out and crashed to the floor. While we were there a man came in and said he found Sam's turtle. It was a red spotted turtle or something like that. It was big probably 12 to 14 inches long.
I called Darren to see if the guy had come by to fix up his area so he wasn't getting flooded when it rains hard. He said he didn't. That was disappointing.
I guess how I seen the Lords hand in my life today was I came across this BYU devotions and it really connected with me. I thought it might be good for Sister De'Beauville to hear so I sent it to her. I'm not sure how it will be for her, but I felt impressed to send it to her so I did.
![]() |
| A pretty big turtle |
![]() |
| Sharon Alleyne with her lost and now found turtle |


Comments
Post a Comment