Saturday, May 24, 2025
Saturday, May 24, 2025
We had a youth activity this afternoon and into the evening. It had a few hickups. We were supposed to start at 2pm and the youth were going to cook a meal. They were pretty excited about that. As time grew closer Shomario Jn Paul who was in charge of getting the food called me and told me that he would not make it because he had to work. I hadn't heard from our young women's leader Celina George so I didn't know if she was going to show or not. She did show up about 4:30 when there was supposed to be a zoom devotional. We could not get connected to the devotional so that was kind of a bust. Backing up with Shomario not coming there was only me there. I called Shomario and I told him I would come get the food. I then called Tina to tell her I needed to come and get the food and I had no help. She didn't want to come, but finally consented. When I left to get the food the traffic was backed up at the Vegie roundabout and was not moving. I could see no way that I could get home. I even got out of line and went to the airport beach to decide if I wanted to come home or just go buy the food at the store. I watched the traffic and finally I seen that it had started moving slowly. I decided to go get the food from Shomario. It took a while to get through, there was a wreck of course. By the time I got the food from Imart and picked up Tina it had been over an hour. I wasn't sure the youth would still be there, but they texted and ask where we were. We told them we were almost there. So now it is around 4pm and we had not even started cooking. The devotional started at 4:30. Which as I said we couldn't get connected to. At any rate, we brought the food in and got out of the way. They cooked mac and cheese and chicken drumsticks. We played games while the food cooked.
Finally about 5:30 the food was done. At to be right truthful, I think they did a very fine job on the food. It was about the best lucian food I have had. Because we didn't get to watch the devotional, I gave them a short 1 minute one before we ate. We didn't get a bus so we ended up having to take all the kids home. Tina took all the south people home, Havianna Davis, who also broke her phone and didn't really participate. In fact we were taking her home and she had to stop by her mom's and her mom told her to get back to the church. She pretty much just went in a room and pouted all night about her phone.
Tina also took Stevelle and Tadisha Cox home. She lives way out there. She was probably gone for an hour. Sean and Omari stayed with me at the church because there was not room in the car for everyone. We found a gate open into the basketball court and we went in and played basketball for almost the entire time Tina was gone. When she got back we took Sean and his sister home. They live on this mountain. We had to get Omari home and get back to Mega J before it closed at 9. It was about 5 to 8 when we left the church so we had a little over an hour. It was rainy and dark by now and we were driving mountain roads and we had to hurry. Well long story short we got everyone home and only got lost once. We got back to Mega J at 8:50pm. I will tell you that I hate night driving and the roads are already treacherous enough. I do believe the Lord hand was in our safe trips to get everyone home and get back to the store before 9 when it closed and made it back home safely. We were truly blessed.
![]() |
| Pictured from left to right, Omari McCaunley, Stevelle Celise, Tadisha Cox, Sean and Tina. A Mac and cheese dinner and it was delicious |

Comments
Post a Comment