Sunday, May 11, 2025

Sunday, May 11, 2025

  • Mothers day
  • Nice meal for the mothers

We got up this morning and got ready for church and had to go pick up sister Sharon. I had called her earlier in the week and see if she wanted to go to church today since it was mother's Day. She said she did.

We got to the church the South bus was already there so people were there and the missionaries beat us there to open the doors for everyone.

I went into my office and it was pretty cool so the flowers look good and II had left the AC running since yesterday and it was like an ice box in there almost.

Sacrament meeting was good. We had some first time speakers. Mohammed Joseph gave his first talk and it was OK and the topic I gave him I think was a little difficult but he said a little bit about the ironic priesthood and then told a little bit about his mother and how he appreciated her. Everyone that spoke was supposed to say something nice about their mothers or a good memory that they remember about them.

Shamario was really been on doing a nice meal for the mothers today. Actually I only wanted to give them a flower. He was really bent on doing a nice meal so I bought some drumsticks and he cooked them and made some mac and cheese. I made some rice and brought a salad. Didn't think it would be enough but it turned out that it was enough for all of the sisters. Of course we feed everybody so we ran out of rice and salad before all the men and youth and children had a chance to get some. It was a really nice time and it was good to see the sisters all sitting together and just visiting and having a good time. It turned out to be a real success.

The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging around and all the kids called so that took most of the time. You figure 5 kids and we talked to each one for about an hour that is five hours of talking time.

The priesthood brothers serving the mothers

The sisters from one side of the church

The sisters from the other side of the church


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025