Sunday May 18, 2025
Sunday May 18, 2025
- A rainy Sunday. Most stayed home from church
- Donavan George coming to church
- Henry Donaldson from Jamacia
- Sister Wynn speaking on the Book of Mormon
- Kimberly Santos talked on Repentance
- Harvey Joseph not in England
- The Lords hand in my life during my talk.
This morning we woke up to rain. It has been a real rainy week. It rained hard at church today for a long time. It is hard when it rains because we have tin roofs with nothing to knock the sound down so it is hard to hear anything.
We have a member that has been pretty inactive named Donavan George, but the Sisters found him and he has been to church 3 weeks in a row. He is a very friendly person. He is an elders and I can't remember if he served a mission. I don't think so.
We have a new member that I spoke with last week, but he came this week. He is from Jamacia and is a fairly new convert. He seems to be a nice enough person, but I spoke with his prior branch president and he had some reservations about him. His name is Henry Donaldson. He was telling me that he wants to get married to a good strong member so bad but can't find one. Well he has that right, there are not any real strong young adult members in our branch. He was kind of disappointed. I got thinking about it and there is Samia who is 19, Henry is 21. Then Altea came. She is a cute young lady, but not a member, she just comes occasionally. I don't know how old she really is. Anyway I mentioned to Henry, he may need to go on a mission to find a good girl. He said he thought about it, but he said you can't date on a mission, right? I said that is right. But you will get to know people that when your mission is over that you can follow up with.
With the rain the members stay home. We only had 40 at church today and 13 of them were investigators. Yohan my counselor was supposed to speak today, but he called and said that it was to rainy for him to make it. I was actually surprised that he even thought about coming. He was supposed to speak in church and I figured he wouldn't come because of that, but he talked like he would come until the rain came.
It was a good sacrament meeting. Sister Wynn (not correct spelling, she is from Vietnam, that is how it is pronounced) spoke on the Book of Mormon and then Kimberly Santos spoke on repentance. Both gave excellent talks. We have two missionaries leaving so I thought they could share their testimonies and I prepared some thoughts just in case. I ended up speaking on what identifies us as a follower of Jesus Christ. It was ok I guess. There was still a few minutes left when I was done so I had Elder LaSuere and Sister Morrill share their testimonies as they are being transferred this week.
After church I ran into Harvey Joseph who is supposed to be in England now. Still here and I am betting that he will always still be here.
I came home and we had dinner. At 6pm we had branch council which only 2 other people showed up so it made for a quick meeting.
I called Dale and Bevin tonight to see how the fishing was and they said they have never seen so many fish. They caught them like crazy.
So how was the hand of the Lord in my life today. I think sacrament meeting was strong with the spirit. At least for my. I thought when Sister Wynn spoke about the book of Mormon I felt the spirit during that time. I know the Book of Mormon is true and will build your testimony more than any other book if you read it and pray to know and understand it. Also, when I was speaking, I had a thought come to my mind that I had not prepared when I was thinking about what I would speak about. The thought was to remind them about President Nelson's last conference talk on having confidence before the Lord. I was not even think about that. It just came into my mind. I assume that someone needed to hear that.
![]() |
| Mr Skinny Goat posing for a picture |

Comments
Post a Comment