Thursday, May 1, 2025
Thursday, May 1, 2025
- Labor Day in Saint Lucia
- Priesthood activity day
Today was a national holiday in St Lucia for Labor Day. Everything was closed today and so the district planned a priesthood activity day. The Vieux Fort Branch came up to be with us also. They were providing the food.
It was a nice get together. First thing this morning we had training from the district which was good but got a little long.
After the training we had lunch which was very good. We then had a award ceremony for each branch to present a gift to the oldest I'm not really the oldest but the longest Melchizedek priesthood holder in the branch. For us it was Kelvin Felix. I was thinking of getting him a watch but when I went and priced them the cheapest one I could find was $250. I called President Salman to ask him what our budget was and he said 80 to 100 dollars. So we decided not to get him a watch but got him a fruit basket with a book of pitchers about St Lucia we thought it was really nice but I'm not sure what he thinks about it. As it turns out the branch president from Vieux Fort gave his member a watch so I'm not sure ours was a little disappointed about the fruit basket and the book and would have rather had a watch or not.
After the presentation we played games. I brought several games including Domino's and that is all they wanted to play.
We ended the activity around 4pm.
![]() |
| Kelvin Felix and me at the priesthood activity |

Comments
Post a Comment