Thursday, May 22, 2025
Thursday, May 22, 2025
It is interesting how you have something going on in your life and then in you daily scripture studies what is going on seem to be what you study that day. Sometimes I wonder if it is Just coincidence or is it the hand of the Lord in my life at that specific time. For example, I have been really thinking about ways that we might be able to help Harvey Joseph straighten his life out. He is a different sort and Doesn't always tell the whole truth when he talks to me. As I said yesterday I really called him on the carpet and how he needs to change his life and quit making excuses why he can't.
In my reading today I was reading D and C section 50 Which is part of the come follow me study for this week. It took me to a talk by Dieter F Uckdorff How the quorum of the 12 apostles. He talked a lot about how there are a lot of different types of people in the world but when we bring them together and rather than focus on each others differences we focus on Jesus Christ and that brings us all together. I have been thinking about it throughout the day and trying to see ways to really help him out because I'm not sure he can see it on his own. Anyway that talk which was a conference talk he gave this last conference had a bunch of scripture references which also supported my thoughts of how to help somebody that is different. I'm not sure where it will go because he has to make choices on his own to change but I want to be prepared to help him if he does Elder Lesswear is leaving St Lucia this morning and going to Barbados and is the last transfer this week. He was a good missionary and worked hard and was aggressive and trying to share the gospel with anyone he could. I'm sure he will do well in Barbados.
Mary came up this morning and had AAC repairman with her to work on why our breaker keeps blowing every time the AC turns on. He took the cover off the AC outside and you could see that all the wires had been melting so he had to run and pick up some new ones. He got those replaced and everything seemed to work great.
Because of all the missionary changes we had to finish up some paperwork and get it down to The government buildings and get it turned in so they can legally be here as missionaries. Usually it takes a long time because there's big lines waiting to get in and they don't move very fast but we went in today and there was hardly anybody there and we were done in less than an hour
It was a little too early to go back home because Mary cleans our apt on Thursdays and as I've said before she likes us to be out of the house while she does it. We didn't really have anywhere to go so we went over to VG Beach and Read our scriptures. It was nice and cool at the beach there was a nice breeze and it has been cooler lately because of all the cloudiness. Anyway I got to sneak a nap in also.
We came home and Tina went over and read to the little kids next door and we pretty much just hang out at the house the rest of the day. I did send out a few messages to people about different things that are going on with the youth and with one of our members house.
![]() |
| A house on a hill, don't usually see yards this nice looking |

Comments
Post a Comment