Thursday, May 29, 2025
Thursday, May 29, 2025
- Jane Nurse to the hospital
- Food to Samia for her two brothers funeral on Sunday
- The Lord in my life today. Getting the food delivered.
This morning Tina and I got up and did a walk up around the block if you can call it that which is a pretty steep climb up the mountain. It was a nice morning and a little cooler so it wasn't too bad but gave our legs a good burning.
Sister Jane Nurse had a doctor's appointment today actually an eye doctor's appointment. We had to pick her up at and have her at the doctor's at 10:00 AM. Unfortunately they did not have the right phone number and the doctor was in surgery today so we had to wait a very long time. We were there film about 10:00 AM to £0.02 m. 2:00 PM and I finally had to take Tina home because she was reading to the children next door at two o'clock so I took her home had some lunch and came back and picked up sister Jane.
Sister Jane didn't have anything to eat so I stopped at a roadside booth and picked her up some doubles and a local drink. Cost me 15 bucks. I spend a lot of money on needy people. It is not that I don't mind helping them, but it never ends and I guess sometimes I do get a little annoyed. I need to repent of that. The Lord has truly blessed me. We have good renters in our house that give us a little extra spending money to help others.
I had to stop back by Tasha's shop to pick up some food for a funeral for Samia family. They are having no funerals this weekend for their two murdered brothers. I spoke with Samia about it and she said that they caught the person that did killed her younger brother and he is now in prison. Hopefully for a long long time.
After I dropped off sister Jane I went out to Jacmal where Samia lives to drop off the food. I called her but nobody answered so I was worried they would not be anybody home. They live down a dirt road and the last little bit is a steep rough climb to get to their house. Did not want to pack up all of this food because it would be several trips so I decided I would see if I could get the car up there. I tried several times but each time I hit a point where the tires wouldn't grip and just spun and I had to back back down. I tried to get several runs but I could not get enough speed to get past a rough spot without beating up the car. So I backed back down and turned the car around so that the front tires were facing down and backed up the hill. I guess the weight pushing down on the tires going backwards gave me a little retraction but I had a problem. The car had no power in reverse and would hit a point where it wouldn't move. So I had to pull down and then get a little run in spots and just kept working my way up. Find me after about 20 minutes, which I could have probably packed the food up by then, I made it to the top. When I went to the house the only thing there to greet you were a bunch of dogs and cat. The front door had a paddle lock on it but I knocked on It anyway. I thought I heard someone inside but no one came to the door. So I knocked again and I could hear someone talking I thought it was coming from in the house but then I realized it was somebody from up the hill walking down towards me. It turns out that it was Samia's sister. He told me that Samia had told her that I might come with the food. So we walked down and got the food from the car and packed it up to the house which was up a little hill. I guess the funeral is on Sunday at 2:00 PM. By the time I got done with all of this and got home it was after 5.
I think the Lord's hand in all of this was being able to get up that hill with the car to get the food delivered and that Samia's sister heard me at the door of the house down below or happened to see me and came down and got the food from me. I really didn't want to come all the way back out there which is a very long drive for a second trip. So I was grateful that I could make it up the hill and there was someone there to give the food to.
We watched a movie tonight. It was about Theodore Roosevelt and his battle with polio.
![]() |
| Banana Tree with Banana's growing. They might be plantains. This was on our walk |

Comments
Post a Comment