Tuesday, May 20, 2025
Tuesday, May 20, 2025
- Sist Wynn's prayer teaching today
- Visited Aaron Holder, Rouchell Raphael
- Took Darrin Barbe to see the Gros Islet minister
- Sister Merrill transferred to St Martin
How did I see the hand of the Lord in my life today. I think it might have started with Sister Wynn giving the training this morning in District meeting with the missionaries. Her topic was on prayer. She had us read parts from D&C 8 and 9 on prayer and how to hear answers to our prayers. We had a good discussion and she was well prepared. There was a good spirit in the meeting. She really gave us some food for thought. It reminded me of a scripture that has always been one of my favorite. It is Helman 10:4-5 where the Lord promises Nephi that because of his faithfulness in sharing the gospel and not fearing man that he was told that he could ask anything he wanted of the Lord because he would not ask anything contrary to the will of the Lord. He also gave him the power to seal on earth and in heaven. I remember writing in my first missionary Book of Mormon that I wanted to be worthy of the blessings the Lord promised Nephi. Unfortunately I have never even come close to the missionary that Nephi was.
Later in the day I stopped by Aaron Holders house to see how he was doing and after we were done visiting I left him a message from D&C 9. It was a great teaching scripture on prayer and how to pray and how to recognize how the Lord answers prayers.
Finally, I was going to call Darrin Barbe today and decided not to. I then had a thought that I should call him as he is supposed to go to a therapy session tomorrow and I don't know when. Well I called him and found out the session was today. I called the OKEU to see if they would still take him and they wouldn't. I called Darren to let him know, but said I would come pick him up to see if we could go find the commissioner for Gros Islet to see if they could help some way to get him in a better situation with his living conditions. He is getting flooded every time it rains because the water runs right where his container is. It took us a bit to find where he was located, but we finally found his office over by SunBult. We spoke with the secretary and she took notes as Darrin told her his whole life story, which I am sure the secretary really wanted to hear. She only yawned 4 times and was looking at her phone most of the time. Anyway, Darrin got to tell his story and she did take some notes, but would not commit to when she would call him back.. Everyone tells me they will never call back, but we'll see.
Sister Merrill transferred out today going to St Martin. Sister Chambers came in last night to replace her. Sister Merrill transferred out about about 1pm today. She was a good missionary.
After finishing our business with Darrin I went over to Rouchell's shop and got a drink. She gave it to me for free. I guess she didn't have the money to change a $50 EC. It was interesting to talk to her. She is very blunt about things. I wonder what she say's about me? After visiting her for about a half hour I stopped by Aarons to check on him. He was wondering if I could help him out with some new glasses. I told him we could maybe help and for him to get a price and let me know.
I guess I was feeling generous today as I took Darrin shopping and bought him $200 EC worth of clothes. His are a disaster and most have the crotch ripped open. I think he was grateful.
I also called Angie McCaunley and told her to call her brother-in-law and have him see what it would cost to fix her roof. I guess it leaks real bad. Lambert and I were going to look at fixing it ourselves, but it is quite high up and the boards holding it up don't look real safe. We decided to look into what it would cost to hire it done.
![]() |
| Cow in my backup camera |

Comments
Post a Comment