Wednesday, May 21, 2025
Wednesday, May 21, 2025
- Trying to help Harvey Joseph
- Planned an activity with the youth for Saturday.
I don't really have any really stand out point where I have seen the hand of God in my life today. Actually just the fact that I made it through the day shows his had was in my life today. I really don't feel deserving of his grace and mercy, but he gave that to me for free thought his atonement and resurrection. It is exaltation that I have to work for. I hope that I am doing more than enough that he would stand by me and recommend me to come into his presents. I did find a receipt that I forgot to record in the churches checking system. I try really hard to keep the books accurate and honest. You would think it would be easy, but if I let it sit for a week without checking it it seems to be off.
The one thing I did tonight was meet with Harvey Joseph. He is a member/beggar, but I guess we all are to some extent, beggars. I made up my mind that I was going to really try and help him, but was going to be very honest about it. He cam in tonight to see if I would give him some money and put him up in a place. I have no idea where he is staying. He says on the street, but his story changes by the minute as he talks to you so I never really know what to believe. Anyway I really felt the spirit of the Lord with me as I visited with him. I called all his bluffs and story changes. I really tried hard to view him as the Savior would. As a son of God. I told him that. I told him I could see someone with real potential IF he would change his life and come back to church and become a true disciple of Jesus Christ. But if he doesn't he will be just what he is now, a beggar and will never help anyone in his life. Then what happens when you turn 60 or 70 and you have nothing and you are just living on the street and begging. Is that the kind of life you want for yourself. He said no. I told him that that will be exactly what type of life he will have if he doesn't change right now. I could fill pages of what we talked about, but just know that I felt that what I told him didn't come from me. I tried to be as loving as I could be and yet not bend on the fact that he has to change his life. I hope he will, I really do, I could see him as a good father and husband if he would change and put the Lord first in his life. But as I told him, I can't change his life he has to make that choice to do so.
I met with the youth tonight and we planned out an activity for Saturday as they have a youth devotional to watch at 4:30pm We plan to meet at 2 and they want to do some cooking and play some games.
![]() |
| Our Saturday trip to the East Coast |

Comments
Post a Comment