Wednesday, May 28, 2025

Wednesday, May 28, 2025

  • Just a slow day
  • Self Reliance class
  • Boxes at FedEx

As I have got over I seemed to be less impressed with talks from conference, district conferences, and ward sacrament readings because it is usually a principle I have heard over and over so it usually is something I know about. When I was young I used to get so excited when I'd hear something new. It has more new knowledge thing. What I have learned now I am older is that even though it is not new information On a topic it can facilitate a wealth of new revelation related to a calling, a person, or an action that has been revealed to me to act on. Second, it is a reminder to me of what I should be doing that has it has slipped from my good daily habits. I am reminded of these things and can add these christ like attributes back into my life. That is my end of the Lord thought for the day.

We didn't do a lot today. We called people and tried to set up visits with them but they weren't available so we've rescheduled two of them for Friday. One is with Wilhelmina and the other is Maria. Both have recently been baptized. We tried to get a hold of Linda but she has not been answering her phone

We did go down to the FedEx office today they called me and said some boxes were ready for pick up that the mission had sent. I thought it would be one or two boxes but ended up being about 8 or 9. It's all water purifying stuff. For getting ready for the hurricane season.

This evening we had our self reliance classes at the church. Shamario came down and picked up all of the youth and took them to the movie so there were no youth that the church for seminary tonight. I had planned on getting with the young man and making some phone calls to set up a fishing trip with President Nicolas down in Vieux Fort. I ended up working on who I need to interview for temple recommends. Right now I have 18 people that need to either renew or receive a recommend and this is not counting some of the recent members who we are supposed to give a recommend ation as soon after about 10 minutes possible.

And members get really excited about these classes and rarely miss coming. Corey is back in town now so he's got the prayers all set up for this Sunday.

Shipment of water filter stuff


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025