Monday, June 23, 2025

Monday, June 23, 2025


This morning we were getting ready for the show conference tomorrow and had to go shopping. Since we were going N I stopped by Darren Barbe And picked up his ID card. I needed to go to the hospital To the Wellness Center and pick up a card for him that would give him free health care because of his low income.

We did our shopping but they didn't have everything we needed so we had to go to a couple of other stores but we are in one of those times where either the boat with the food goods hasn't come in yet but the shelves are pretty bare right now. We got what we could and came back home.

I didn't want to sit around the house so I got in the car and went down to the church and took the food and put it in the refrigerator for the zone conference tomorrow. I was supposed to get my computer bac Which I left in the office but carrying all the other stuff in I forgot all about it and didn't pick it up.

I left the church and went to OKEU Hospital to get Darren's card. It's actually in a building behind the hospital. When I went in I saw Diann Davy who works at the hospital insecurity I think. She told me what I needed to go to get the card. It was in a little office across the hallway from where she was. The office had a sign on it that I see on a lot of places that say knock and come in. I think that's interesting but I guess it gives them a few seconds to Prepare for someone walking in the door. It took a minute but she finally found what she needed and I was able to get his card.

When I came out Diann was still sitting at her desk so I went over and visited her with her for a little bit until she got called to go check on something and then I left. When I was walking back to the car I ran into an older lady, older meaning I guess my age, and she was walking down the sidewalk and looking a little sad and I asked her if everything was OK and she said that they had to bring her husband to the hospital because he had chest pain. I told her I hope he was doing good and recovered and I would remember them in my prayers, unfortunately I didn't get her name but I know the Lord knows them and hopefully her husband recovered.

I really like talking to the people they're very friendly and descriptive in their visits. Sometimes I have a beard of a hard time understanding them because of my lousy hearing problems but usually I can make things out. If I ever see the Lord's hand in my life everyday is that he helps my hearing to understand people when I talk to them. I try to visit with anyone I am standing close to. for a period of time.

I stopped back by the church and picked up my computer bag and came home. By this time it was about 5:30. Ohh I almost forgot that before I went to the church I stopped by Jane nurse house and visited with her for a little bit. She has had a tough life. Said when she was young her mother drink all the time and would steal stuff from her and sell it so she could buy alcohol. She said it was very hard and she would cry a lot when her mother took her stuff and sold it for alcohol money. I also interviewed sister Jane for a temple recommend and she passed. We are planning to get a temple trip going and she would like to go. We are looking for a teacher for the temple preparation class.

The Carnival Beauty Queen Parade That we got stuck in on Saturday


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025