Saturday, June 14, 2025

Saturday, June 14, 2025

  • This would have been my mom and dads 78th wedding anniversery
  • Picked up the Medleys and took them to the airport
  • Vieux Fort missionaries have illness
  • Confusion in training
  • Finance training 

This morning we got up and went to pick up the medleys at the motel they're staying at. We took them down to the airport to get their rent a car. While we were waiting the missionary is called from Vieux Fort and said they had picked up Scabies And needed to go to the doctor. Well the medleys were going down to Vieux Fort So we told them that we would have them bring down the credit card and the vacuum. Unfortunately Tina had left her purse at home with the credit card in it. So I told the medleys that we would run home and get the credit card and meet them at the church to get the vacuum and they could take it down. In the meantime we got a call from the missionaries and they said they had to come up to Castries to go to the doctor. So I notified the medleys that they didn't wait need to wait for me to get back to them with the credit card and they could just head out. I was already headed towards the church to give them the credit card so I went on down and picked up the vacuums and brought it home so the missionaries only had to make one stop instead of stopping at the church and then coming to our place.

In the meantime I got a call from President Nicolas who was telling me that he would be to the Castry's church shortly for his meeting with the medleys. I told him this is not good because the medleys are at your church waiting for you. So I guess there was some confusion about where they should be and where the meeting was going to be held. Anyway I called the medleys and let them know the situation and told them that President Nicolas was turning around and heading back. They told me they would wait there for them. So I guess it all worked out.

The missionaries came to our house and picked up the credit card and the vacuum and then went to the doctor. I guess they all had to get treated even though they all didn't have the scabies.

Tina and I took a ride over to Antler Ray to see if we could track down some less active members of our branch that came to church when we first got here but were offended and quit coming. They are the Fonetllio's. They have a shop on the beach there that they sell things to the tourist.. Where you got there all of the shops have been tore down so I assume that it is because the tourist season is over. So we just turned around and came back home.

We decided that we were going to go out to dinner so we went up to Rodney Bay to a restaurant we have ate at before that sells pizza and other things. It was a nice meal but very expensive about 145 EC.

I had to be home at 5:00 o'clock for a finance training meeting over zoom. The meaning was OK but not to informative for questions that I had. Probably the biggest thing that was discussed the longest was that Yohan my counselor had a question about why the missionaries couldn't pick up a member when they were standing at a bus stop and going the same direction as the missionaries. It wasn't really a question that they should have been dealing with but they spend a lot of time discussing it and giving reasons why they can't. The bottom line is it's a miss rule probably largely driven by the US because of the sue happy people there.

By the time the meeting was over the night was pretty much shot and I was kind of tired anyway because I had stayed up late on Friday night watching the NBA championship.

I guess this is one way to reuse old tires


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025