Saturday, June 28, 2025
Saturday, June 28, 2025
- Went to the market to look for Souvenirs
- Biggest floating bookstore on earth
- Elder Esikia heading to Barbados and will be going home on Monday
Today was a very rainy day. He had some pretty heavy showers throughout the whole day. We went down to the market today to look for souvenirs. We got a few things but not a ton. My room don't like going down to the market too much because if you stop to look at something someone pounces on you to try to get you to buy it or anything else they have on display. They act real disappointed when you don't buy anything. One gal was working us really hard which I guess paid off because we ended up buying a shirt from her she was pulling everything down she had and showing us it and giving us deals to try and get us to buy things.
After the market we went over to a ship that was in port here. They announced over the intercom that this is the biggest book store In the world. It was pretty packed little people but they did have a lot of books. We spent about an hour and then we're looking at things and Tina bought a few books to read to the kids next door.
We were there when we realized we were running late to be to the airport but the line was real long to pay for the books that Tina had picked out so she stayed there and I ran over to give elder Eskia his passport and other stuff that he needed to take with him to Barbados. He is going home on Monday.
I got over there about the same time they got to the airport he checked his luggage in and had to head for the gate as they said they were loading. We didn't have much time to chitchat. Missionary transfer calls are tonight at 8:00 PM so we'll find out if anybody is moving. I'm thinking sister Winn will be transferred she has been here for a long time.
I left the airport and went back over and picked up Tina at the ship and we went home to eat. I was starving. For the rest of the evening I worked on a 5th Sunday lesson for tomorrow at church.
![]() |
| Book store on a ship |
![]() |
| This little girl was not giving up her book |


Comments
Post a Comment