Sunday, June 1, 2025
Sunday, June 1, 2025
- A visit with Benjamin
- Need to do temple recommend interviews
- Samia Raphael's 2 murdered brothers funeral today, didn't go
Today was fast and testimony meeting. It was good. Benjamin came to church today for the first time in a long time. He is a strange person and hard to talk to. I was telling him about a job opportunity and he told me that he is not looking for a job he is only going to work for Jesus Christ and he will take care of him and he doesn't need a job. I just scratch my head and dread talking to him. He is so negative about everything and everyone is ripping him off.
There is so much to do right now and we have a bunch of temple recommends expiring and need to be renewed. I have about 18 people in that category and only I as the branch president can do the interviews. I am going to start working on them this week.
Today was Samia's two brothers funerals. We were planning on going, but because they were murdered and there could be more revenge stuff happen all the members told us not to go. They said it could be dangerous. Some said it might be safe to go to the funeral, but don't go to the cemetery. We were going to do that but Sister De'Beauville told us not to go to either as there have been shootings even at the churches. So I messaged Samia and told her the members said we should not come and I hope she understood. She seemed to be fine with it.
Talked to Tanner tonight and he is still looking for a new job. Problem is he can't find one that pays what he is making right now.
I was trying to think of a specific thing when the Lords hand was in our life, I guess the fact that members worry about us and care enough to encourage us not to go to a funeral that could be dangerous is his hand watching over us. I was really plan on going because I told Samia I would. They said tell her that something came up. I told them I don't want to lie. I'll just tell her the truth and that is what I did.
![]() |
| Picture from the new look off they just completed. Looking down on Castries |

Comments
Post a Comment