Sunday, June 15, 2025
Sunday, June 15, 2025
- Fathers Day
- Warm chicken
- Rosa Paul and Brother Medley spoke in church. Rosa's homecoming report.
Today is father's Day and Tina got up and made me a smoothie and a piece of toast from homemade bread for breakfast. Doesn't get any better than that on a Sunday morning.
I had to run down to the church early to open the church for Lyris Davis. She insisted we make a nice meal for the fathers today. I let her in and she got started cooking chicken. I hope it is ok because she put it in the fridge on Friday night and I came in Saturday morning and the door was open and the chicken was not cold. Lyris smelled it and said it was ok. Oh boy.
Church was very good today. We had Rosa Paul report her mission because she is now officially released. Brother and Sister Medley spoke spoke. They gave wonderful talks. They both joined the church when they were teenagers. I think Brother Medley was 18 and went on a mission when he was 19. Sister Medley joined when she was 16 and went on a mission when she was 21. At that time the age for boys was 19 and girls 21. They never said how they met, but they were married in the Dominican Republic in the temple. They have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girls and they have all served missions. Their youngest is on a mission right now in the DR.
After church the Relief Society had fixed a nice meal for the men as it was Fathers day. Of course we always feed everybody. Everyone really enjoyed it.
After church we went home and just hung out and all the kids, except Natalie called to wish me a happy birthday.
It was a good day.
![]() |
| The fathers day meal. Started with Pumpkin soup. |

Comments
Post a Comment