Thursday, June 19, 2025
Thursday, June 19, 2025
- Ans La Rae water falls
- Visited Feria Joseph (Daughter in towel) and Merlika Papius
- The Vigie beach
- Picked up young man and didn't give him a book of Mormon, when he said he loves to read
This morning we woke up to a poring rain. It took a while for it to stop. We went walking after it stopped, or at least there was a break. I rained on and off all morning. It was a holiday today so the traffic was lighter than usual. I don't know why, but I was looking at google maps. I think I was looking for the water fall's that the sisters went to a couple of weeks ago. While I was looking for theirs, I came across another fall called Ans La Rae Fall. It is out in the Millet area. I seen a road that would take us there and it looked like an interesting drive. We decided we would go visit some members in the area and check out the road.
Well the road turned out to be very narrow and steep in some areas. In fact right after we got on the road we had to stop because of a hole in the road and because it had been raining the road was slick and we couldn't get going again. I finally had to back down this very narrow road and got to a place where I could get a run and made it up the hill. I had Tina drive so I could shoot some video while we drove. Turns out the road was oiled but it looked like the foliage was taking over and the car could barely squeeze through.
You get a little nervous out on these roads. We are way back in the back woods, no one knew where we were and because the members always tell us to be careful where we go because there are bad people out there you wonder who you might run into. Luckily we didn't run into anyone and I am not sure how we would have got by each other if we did. It would have been bad news.
We finally got to the falls and there were a couple of tour jeeps with a bunch of people so that made us feel a little more relaxed. Some of the people were from the US. From Chicago. Because of all the rain the water was running a little high and we decided to go up and look at the falls, but you had to cross the river several times. We just rolled up our pants and waded across. Because of all the water that was running the falls were pretty impressive. We were glad we stopped there.
After that we went and visited Feria for a few minutes. She is not much of a chatter so the visits are usually short. Her daughter was there running around with a towel wrapped around her chest. That is very common here. At first it was a little embarrassing, but after a while I just figured if they are not embarrassed, why should I be.
We then went to Merlika Papius and her daughter Tadisha. We also visited with Merlika's mother. She has always been very nice to us. We visited for about 20 or 30 minutes then went to Vigie Beach and read our scriptures and watched the waves for a bit.
One interesting thing happened to us today we were up driving around in some houses up on the mountain trying to find this house that is on some really tall stilts. We didn't find the house but there was a young man walking down the road and we figured he was going clear to the bottom and I stopped and asked him if he wanted a ride. He did and we got talking and he was going to a book fair. So we talked about the types of books he likes to read and things like that. The real annoying thing about this whole deal was that we didn't even talk to him about and offer him a book of Mormon. I can't believe I didn't even think about it and neither did Tina. That is frustrating.
We went home and had dinner then watched a movie. It was an enjoyable day.
![]() |
| Ans La Rea water fall |
![]() |
| Flowers at the fall |
![]() |
| Laundry day |



Comments
Post a Comment