Thursday, June 26, 2025

 Thursday, June 26, 2025

  • Visited Rochell
  • Suposed to meet Benjamin Joseph at the Poly Clinic but he didn't get the message
  • Stopped by Cas En Bas beach - Going to get a Conch horn

This morning I was supposed to meet Benjamin Joseph at the Polyclinic so he could do his cleansing whatever that is. I messaged him and told him that we would meet at the Polyclinic at 10:00 AM. We left a little early so we stopped by Rochelle's and visited her and got a drink and a bake. If you want to know anything that's going on around she's the one to talk to she sits in the shop all day where she works and because she only has one leg she sits at a desk in the corner by the window where she can look out. Anyway we had a nice visit with her, she has been a great friend to us and we really enjoy her. She told us that her boyfriend Leroy got a job down in Souffray and it's permanent and so he won't be up as much anymore. That's too bad because we were just getting warmed up to him where he would talk to us a little more.

After visiting with Rochelle we went to the Polyclinic and waited for Benjamin to show up but I guess his phone was dead and he didn't get the message. He called me later and said I could stop by and just pay and let them know who it was for so I did that but when I went to pay the lady didn't know anything about Benjamin and didn't want to take my money because she wouldn't know who to give it to.

We went up to Cas en bas Beach to see what was going on up there. Haven't been there for a while. There was some guy learning to wind surf so we watched him for a while then we read our scriptures. On our way out there was a bunch of people came in on horses and they give them rides into the ocean. There was a booth there selling souvenirs and I heard someone blowing a conch horn and I stopped and asked him how I could get one and he said he would get me one tonight and if I come back in the morning he would help me make it. I told him I would so that's what I'm planning on doing. He had a really nice one and it really was loud. That is exactly what I want. Plus he's going to show me how to blow it correctly.

We don't have a lot going on today so we rode over to Pigeon Island beach and red for a little bit. It's always got a real cool breeze coming off the ocean so it's nice to sit there with the windows down and the doors open.

After we went to Pigeon Beach we came home and Tina went and did her reading at the preschool next door.

Some of the colorful plants on the island

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025