Tuesday, June 24, 2025
Tuesday, June 24, 2025
- Zone conference
- Harvey Joseph stopped by
- Preschool was broke into
Today we had zone conference and we were kind of in charge of preparing the meal. They wanted a breakfast type meal. So we did French toast with hash Browns and bacon and sausage. We also had watermelon and yogurt for some healthy stuff.. Tina made four loaves of homemade bread for the French toast and I cooked it all. Everything turned out pretty good and they ate it all so they must've liked it too.
It seem like this zone conference was a little longer than normal usually were done around 230 or 3 but we really didn't get done until closer to 4 or 4:30. I think everybody was real hungry and maybe that's why they ate it all. I guess I'll just go with that the food was really good.
Of course anytime I spend a significant amount of time at the church Harvey always stops by and wants something. He's always asking for money or food and I'm always telling him he needs to come to church and he keeps telling me he's going to but he never really does. I spoke with his mom Linda today who lives in England and she gave him $700 on Fridays and I was going to get the rest to help him get an apartment. He originally thought he had one for $500 but he told me that the girlfriend said it was worth at least 1000 and so the guy wouldn't rent it to him for 500. You never know with Harvey if the story's true or not. Anyway back to the 700 his mother sent him I think he has spent it all ready. So he has no money for an apartment now. I don't know where he spends all of his money but he never saves it long enough that he can put a down payment on an apartment. I make sure I do not give him any money because I don't know where he spends it. Anyway you were supposed to come back to the church around 4 to tell me if he found another place and of course he didn't show up. He seems pretty functional but I think he must be off a little bit because he really struggles and can't seem to keep a job.
Tina taught the book of Mormon class tonight so we had to come home from the zone conference to get ready for that.
They were pouring cement at the preschool next door and we couldn't get past the cement truck. We parked outside and walked into our place. I don't know if I said or not but someone has been breaking into the preschool. Twice in the past week and a half. She had some guys come over and put a light above the door and that seems to have stopped it. I thought it was kind of interesting that just putting up a light would keep people from bothering things. That just shows you how evil people are getting that they do not want to be in the light at all. I think she may have beefed up the door with a better latch also so maybe that's keeping them from getting in now. I really felt bad the first time they broke in because it was on a weekend and I went by in the back door was open but it looked like maybe they were just trying to air things out because they leave their doors open quite often. I wished I would have checked things out more and shut it up.
![]() |
| Tina made our Brat's special tonight. It was delicious |

Comments
Post a Comment