Wednesday, June 11, 2025

Wednesday, June 11, 2025

  • A Calabash (I think) 
  • Met with Benjamin Joseph to get a cord for his computer
  • Visited with Darren Barbe
  • Finance meeting with the Santos
  • Self Reliance night

This morning on our walk we noticed a tree with this big fruit on it. We think it was Calabash, not sure about the spelling. Anyway they get big. We have a member, who uses them to make carvings. We have paid him for one for us, but they are no longer active so I'm not sure we will ever get it. We would like to because he does some really cool work.

We think it is a Calabash 

This morning I met with Benjamin Joseph and gave in to his constant begging for things. He told me he need a charging cable for his computer and he has some companies that will pay him to make flyers. I figured if he got a job maybe he wouldn't always be asking for money. Actually he has backed off a bit because I have told him no so many times. Anyway we had a nice visit and and he seemed to be in good spirits today.

I stopped by Darren's today to check on him and remind him that we had a doctor's appointment on Friday morning. I really didn't need to remind him because he never forgets that stuff but more importantly I wanted to let him know that I remembered it. He always worries that I will forget because I did one time. He is a little frustrated with his situation where he lives right now but he doesn't own the property he is on and he doesn't own the container he lives in so he shouldn't complain too much that they let him stay there for free.

I have been on a mission to find a Rotary Tool to work on a Conch horn. I need to find one and get it made right away. I found a guy that sells some but they're kind of old looking and sunrotted. I don't know if they were working or not.

This evening I met with the Santos family about their finances and how the church might be able to help them out a bit. It wasn't OK visit and I do not enjoy it but it has to be done. 

After meeting with them I walked over to the church because they live not too far away. They insisted that they walk with me because it's not safe for me to be walking alone in that area. Felt very fairly safe but they insisted on walking me down to the highway. It's not too far to the church from there and I made it without incident. We were having our self reliance classes tonight. We get a really good turnout at those classes and members are quite enthused about them.

I have been listening to Classic BYU Devotionals lately and they have been very inspiring. The One I listened to today was by elder Christopherson. It was titled Allegiance to God. He talks about how narrow only two options, either you follow Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father or you follow the devil. There is no middle ground. It inspired me to do and be better. It was given on October 19, 1999




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025