Wednesday, June 4, 2025

Wednesday, June 4, 2025


This morning I got up and after my workout, which for some reason really wiped me out, I picked up the Preach my Gospel book we have and started reading in section 3 chapter 1. It talks about ways that we can share the gospel with others depending how much time they have. Anyway I read the first section. Then at 9am we had mission devotional. Sister Burnham did the devotional. Her and President Burnham switch off every other week. Anyway, part Sister Burnham's training was on exactly what I read. I thought, what am I supposed to learn from this. I randomly picked a section and started studying it. I should note that I have not really look at the book for months, other than when asked to read something from it at district meeting. I may need to study it further to get what I need to get from it. Anyway, I felt that it was a simple thing, but seem to be the Lords hand in my life today.

The big news today is that Yohan Pierre's wife Sharlyne had her baby last night about 9pm and Yohan called me this morning to tell me the good news. He seemed pretty excited. It was a boy and their first baby. He said he got to cut the ambilocal cord. He thought that was pretty cool. I guess mother and baby are doing great. We are going to meet him down town to pick up a few things for the baby. I'm sure I'm buying. No problem. First baby and all.

We stopped over to the hospital this evening to see the new baby. They named him Liam. He is a cute little guy. Yohan changed his first diaper while we were there. We could only stay for a bit because we had Self Reliance classes tonight. 

I also met with Kimberly Santos tonight about their family finances. They have been in the bondage of debt for the entire time I have been here and before. I think some is self inflicted, some ill advised loans by Kimberly's mother has really caused her some problems. She has never made enough to pay their bills. I felt the visit was good and there is a good spirit in the meeting. I hope so we still have some work to do, but I hope we made some headway in their progress to having money to meet their expenses. There is nothing more liberating than being debt free.

Liam Pierre

Mommy Sharlyne and Liam

Yohan changing his first diaper with all the family watching making sure he does it correctly


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025