Monday, July 21, 2025

Monday, July 21, 2025

  • Today is Carnival
  • Made a conch horn, didn't work
  • Went to the beach and found the mother load of conch shells. Over 20

Today is the official holiday of the start of Carnival although it's been going on all week with different activities and maybe even most of the month. Starting with the parade that we had a while back that I talked about.

I just worked on odd man things today around the house. I also took a conch shell and made a conch horn. Unfortunately it didn't work very well so I'm a little frustrated about that.

This afternoon I got tired of sitting around the house and told Tina I was going swimming at the beach. She went too. It's the beach straight down from the Grand Revere Gap. I'm not sure it has a name if it does I don't know what it is.

The most amazing thing happened today at the beach As I was swimming around I looked down in the water and there was something down there that looked like a conch shell. I dove down and got it and that is exactly what it was. Then I got looking around and there was close to 20 maybe more conch shells that had been dumped there after they cut a hole and took the whatever it is animal that lives in it out of it. It was like a gold mine. I brought home 2 Try my hand again at another conch horn. I did have one bad experience with them there was some sort of smelly stuff on the shelves i'm not sure if it was from rotting animals that they took out of it or what but it sure did stink and I got some in the car. So I spent the evening trying to clean up the car so it didn't stink anymore We'll see how I did in the morning.

Wrestling at Anse La Raye falls


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025