Monday, July 7, 2025

Monday, July 7, 2025

  • Darren Barbe to the foot doctor (he was a good missionary)
  • Stopped by Rouchell Raphael's for a bake and drink
  • Ran into Harvey Joseph. He is off a bit

Time is winding down. If we go home on September 13, we only have 2 months and a week left to go. I am excited to go home, but I really have grown to love these people. They are a beautiful people and most are very kind to us. Every once in a while there will be one that you can feel a little animosity toward us. Sometimes when we are walking down the sidewalk and someone will be walking toward us and you can tell they would plow us over if we didn't move to the side. But again most are very kind to us. 

I started the day by going to Darren Barbe's and taking him to a foot doctor to get some corns cut off the bottom of his feet. Of course I get to pay, or the church does so indirectly I get to pay through my fast offerings. Of course they are a drop in the bucket compared to what we spend to help people. 

Darren said the doctor really hurt him, she just dug them out and didn't numb his feet or anything. She also trimmed his toenails. We went to Orange Grove to where the doctor was. It is the same place we take Jane Nurse for her eyes. There is a lady that works there that we have got to know and of course Darren knows her very well and her mother also. Anyway Darren was being a good missionary and told her he was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and invited her to come out. She didn't commit, but I was proud of Darren for being a good missionary. 

After the doctor visit I took him home and went and visited Rouchell Raphael and bought a bake and a drink. We visited for a bit then I told her I had to go and pick up Tina and take her down town to work on work permits for the new missionaries that came in last week. Elder Reed who went to Vieux Fort with Elder Cox. Elder Glissmeyer who is companions with Elder Morby and Sister Biine who is companions with Sister Chambers. 

We ran into Harvey Joseph while we were walking down town Castries and he would have walked right by us if Tina wouldn't have said something to him. There is something wrong with him. I sometimes wonder if he is not possessed or on drugs, or not on his medications that his mother says he needs. Or he is just off. Anyway I told him I would get him some food so when we went to the passport office I went over to Churches Chicken and bought him a meal. I called him and told him I would meet him at the Massy by the Car Park. He said ok. To prove my point about something being wrong with him he was jerking around and acting like he was talking to someone angerly, but nobody was around. I gave him his food and he went on his way. I don't know if he eats it or just try's to sell it for money. He is always asking if I have a couple of dollars to give him. I always tell him no. I think he would just buy beer or drugs or something like that. 

I stopped by FedEx to pick up some packages that were there and then we went home and had dinner. The elders stopped by to pick up some stuff that Tina had for them. 

Corey is back from Soufriere and called me first thing this morning. We talked for a bit and I told him what I had planned for the day and he called to night, but I didn't have anything new to talk about so I didn't answer. Sometimes he will call 4 or 5 times when I don't answer. 

We got a pretty good rain storm tonight.

A plant on our fence from a root. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025