Saturday, July 12, 2025

Saturday, July 12, 2025

  • Snorkeling this morning
  • Youth activity
  • Cleaned church
  • Finished up Shomario's missionary papers

This morning we got up early and decided to go snorkeling at the rabbit hole. When we got there the water was really calm and it looked like the tide was going out. We snorkeled around didn't see anything too amazing but seen a few fish emotionally small ones But the water was real murky so it was hard to see too much. I did see a couple of kind of cool looking fish out in the deeper water but I think I have said this before I get nervous when I get out there 'cause boats are coming and going past us. I definitely don't want to get ran over by one of them.

We came home and went to the church as the seminary kids were having an activity which is basically all the youth in the branch and I felt like I should be there. They went up to the Houghton estate And we did an activity where they teach you how to make chocolate candy bars. They grow chocolate here on the island and I guess from what they say there it is some of the best in the world. It is dark chocolate which I'm not a real fan of but we put a bunch of sugar in it and it made it a little bit more tolerable. It was a fun activity and a lot of work you have to match the chocolate beans that they've ground up until they become creamy and then you add some other kind of cream I think it was coconut cream or something like that Makes it creamier and then you add the sugar or flavor in this bowl that they have heated to a very hot temperature while you're trying to stir it so you have to be careful not to burn your hands. They then put it into a tray That makes it look like a candy bar and they put it in the freezer for about 1/2 hour and give it back to you To take home.

After finishing up there we went back to the church and cleaned it and set up all of the chairs for church tomorrow and had lunch. We were there at the church until about two or three o'clock and then we went home.

This evening I finished up most of Shomario's stuff For his missionary papers I think we're ready to send them in. I got thinking that I won't be here when he leaves for his mission. He put his availability date as October 31st By that time we'll be home.

The first cup is the chocolate the second is cocoa butter and the third is sugar

Grinding the chocolate to a paste

The seminary group. Sean, Omari, Stevelle, Cerera, Shomia, Maya, Sister Tosha



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025