Saturday, July 19, 2025

Saturday, July 19, 2025

  • Beaman's staying with us
  • Aaronic Priesthood 150th anniversary celebration
  • Boy with a cutlass. You are not going to kill me are you?
  • I'm getting old Waaaaah.

We enjoyed having the Beaman's stay over again last night And this evening we watched a movie together and they seemed to enjoy that. They are a very nice couple and we enjoyed having them stay with us. They do have a little bit of a quirk if I could call it that that they bring their own food to eat for breakfast at least. We had no problem feeding them but maybe they have a special diet.

today we had an Aaronic Priesthood Activity with our two members. Sean Carrera and Omari Joseph. We took them to the Ans La Rea Falls. We were going to watch a video and talk about the restoration of the ironic priesthood 150 years ago. We talked a little bit about the restoration of the Aaronic Priesthood. We were going to watch the movie first but we decided to go swimming first. Think we could go swimming we thought we could just look at the falls. The intent was to be by a river just like when Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdrey received the priesthood from John the Baptist. It turns out there were two guys there and they said it was going to cost us $10 EC apiece to go in. I'm not sure if we were supposed to pay them or they were just scamming us for money but in either way it turned out to be not a bad deal because they came up and showed us how to slide on the falls and took us to some other falls where there was a fun slide also. We all enjoyed ourselves very much. I wasn't sure I really trusted them but it turns out that one of them knew Omari's brother Henry and turned out to be a nice kid. The other one was carrying a cutlass Which sometimes makes you a little nervous. It was funny though I asked him if I could look at his Cutlass and he seemed a little hesitant about giving it to me but did And after he gave it to me he said you're not going to kill me are you? I said I don't think so and gave it back to him.

I don't know if it's because Carnival is going on or what but the roads were crazy today and it was almost impossible to get anywhere. We were going to stop at KFC and have dinner but the line was clear out on the road. So we thought we would drive to chalk and see how that one was and it was worse. We decided to go to Domino's which we did and had a 45 minute wait before they got us our pizza. Then we took the boys home. It was a good day and fun hanging out with them. I was looking at some of the pictures they took of me while we were swimming and I am getting old.

Shomario Jn Paul and our guide at the falls

Sean Carreria, Omari McCaunley, Shomario Jn Paul, Russell Johnson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025