Sunday, July 20, 2025

Sunday, July 20, 2025

  • Donna Israel in good spirits at church
  • Beaman's speak in church
  • Interviewed Darren Barbe to receive the Aaronic Priesthood
  • Aaliah interviewed for FSY
  • Tedisha interviewed for temple recommend
  • Tried to interview Benjamin Joseph. It is tough
  • Relief Society birthday party.
  • Lyris Davis going to St Vincent for brothers funeral 
  • Harvey stopped by church
  • Beaman's made it back to Barbados safely

After an exciting day yesterday we had kind of a leisure morning this morning. Supposed to be some work done on the roads that was going to cause delays so we left to church about 9:00 but the roads were wide open so maybe they got it all done yesterday because it was backed up horribly.

Donna who is the usually the first one to church was there when we got there along with Lambert and the missionaries Elders. Donna had a really good week because she had family in town from what she said and looked really happy. Tina has a counseling session with her every Sunday morning before everybody gets there. I don't really know what they talk about but I think Donna likes it.

The Beaman's spoke in church today and talk together as a husband and wife duo. They spoke on family history and gave some very good information about it. It is still a little discouraging trying to find family connections here on the island but they talk a lot about just getting stories from those who are still alive or know stories of those that have passed on and put them into family search.

Sister de Beauville spoke on fasting and prayer. In her talk she told about fasting for 9 days which is quite amazing. I'm not sure I understood her right but after she told us that she said that it was 1/2 day fast or nine straight days and she told how it build her spiritually.

I interviewed Darren Barb today to receive the ironic priesthood we didn't quite get done with everything I wanted to talk to him about so I told him that I would try and stop by and we would discuss it further to receive the Aaronic Priesthood.

Following Darren I interviewed Aaliah Who is a non member but going to FSY next month. She is a really cute gal and I think she would be a good member of the church but and kind of throwing some hints out there she didn't show much interest at this time but she said she was willing to keep the rules required at FSY.

After that I interviewed Tedisha for her temple recommend. We had a nice visit and she answered all the questions appropriately and talked about her excitement for the gospel of Jesus Christ. She is also a cute girl and has a wonderful mom Merlika. They are very faithful about coming to church.

When I came out of my office Benjamin was there so I thought I would talk to him about being made an elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood. I shouldn't say it was a mistake but it pretty much was. Benjamin does not want to be taught by anyone and claims he has devoted his life to Jesus Christ and seems to know everything. He does come to church every week and he says he's trying to do better. We didn't get to finish our interview because his bus came. That was kind of OK for me anyway because our envy wasn't going anywhere.

At first it looked like we weren't going to have that many at church but by the time we started and a little after we had a boatload of people roll in and a lot of people that had been there for a while and we had many friends of the missionaries.

It was the Release Society Birthday party today and we were specifically celebrating Lyris' birthday I'm sure some others. She is going to one of the other islands for the funeral of her brother who passed away a few weeks ago. They really take their time in burying people here. Kelly who is not a member yet but comes quite often Father passed away several months ago and he was telling me they just buried him last week.

Back to Lyris Davis She is such a faithful member I just think the world of her I'm so proud of her for all that she does and her faithful testimony of the gospel. I know she doesn't know a lot right now but she is trying to learn as much as she can and she works hard to be a leader in the branch.

Someone told me Harvey Joseph stopped by and charged his phone up but he didn't come in and I never saw him. I assume he paid his other half on the apartment otherwise he would probably be there bugging me for a place to sleep or money or food. I think he now realizes that I am not going to give him money so he usually just asks for food and will occasionally ask for a few dollars to buy some extra things. I imagine those extra things are cigarettes

The Beaman's left right after church and went to the airport. They actually had a little bit of time that they could have come to our house and had lunch but they had got a parking ticket and they thought it might take a while to get it resolved so they went straight to the airport. They are a very nice couple. His name is William and goes by Bill And I can't remember what her first name was. They called a little later and let us know that they made it back to Barbados safely.

This is the end result of the chocolate we made last week at our youth activity. I forgot to take a picture when it was a complete candy bar.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025