Sunday, July 6, 2025
Sunday, July 6, 2025
- Still looking for a branch president
Today was an interesting day at church. We had President Burnham here and we also had President Sutherland. They were both here kind of for the same reason which was to try and find somebody that could be a branch president for the Castries branch.
President Burnham interviewed two people that were possibilities One was Yohan Pierre and the other was Matthew Melius. Yohan told him that he had a lot of things to take care of including the new baby and his wife and probably wouldn't be able to do it. Matthew flat out said no. I was a little disappointed in both of them.
President Burnham also interviewed Denzel Recommend and talk to him about possibly being the branch president I think maybe he didn't. You told him the best thing he could do is go back and finish his mission move to Idaho and go to BYU Idaho find a wife and then move back home and help the church go here. He said he wasn't sure that he was really sold on that idea he said he really didn't want to go back on a mission.
After church we had President Sutherland over for dinner with him for awhile. He had to go somewhere for meetings at 5 so he didn't stay too long but it was a nice evening and I really like him. We could use two or three of his type in our branch here. He's from St Vincent and they seem to have several couples like him where they're married have children and are serving faithfully in the church.
Harvey stopped by and wanted some money or food I didn't have either. That was at the church I told him I would see what I could do but we didn't really have anything made up so we just had to tough it out. I talked to his mother and she gave him $600 on Friday again and he has no money by Sunday so I don't know what he does with it.
![]() |
| Not the best picture but this is a cool looking house |

Comments
Post a Comment